ETIC, Financial Accounting - Senior Associate
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
- Responsible for tasks, processes or entities in the area of Financial Accounting & Closing which includes solving of problems and response to ad hoc queries for assigned areas.
- Completing a subset of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts including the full ownership of assigned accounts, deals or processes incl. ledger entries, reconciliation and substantiation.
- Adhering to closing timelines, accounting policies and controls.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of Financial Accounting & Closing processes by proposing improvements to own tasks and processes.
- Work collaboratively to drive ideas/solutions with peers and managers which will improve Client and PwC’s efficiency.
- Developing close relationships with key stakeholders
- Managing your own workload, including reporting on progress and issues
- Developing the ability to be agile and support a range of client/projects
- Be able to implement and adapt to new or changing processes quickly.
- Proactively build relationships with all team members within PwC including engagement with client teams as well as customers of our clients.
- Part Qualified Accountant with minimum 2-5 years experience or Qualified Chartered accountant with experience in a role relevant to Accounting
- Experience leading a team in a complex process environment and managing workflow to deliver client outcomes
- Strong, practical knowledge with accounting/ reporting systems, and Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet
- Strong understanding of financial reporting processes, with knowledge and experience managing risk and controls
- Good team player, communicate fluently in English and demonstrate personal and collective team accountability and dedication for area of responsibility
- Excellent MS office skills
- Self motivated and independent, with ability to forge strong working relationships
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines; demonstrates strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness in daily service provision within its own area of responsibility
- Knowledge of US GAAP and Insurance or Reinsurance accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting for financial instruments.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.