Technology Risk Manager
BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done. Learn more about BDO.
About the team
Our Risk Advisory Services team in Melbourne is currently in a growth phase and with a couple of new Partners joining it’s a very exciting time for this area. The team provide services across various industries to ensure that appropriate controls, processes and solutions are in place to ensure our client's strategic and operational objectives are being met.
We are looking to appoint a Manager within our IT Risk Advisory & Consulting team, where you’ll work closely with the team to develop the Risk Advisory and Consulting business, execution of projects, manage client matters, building team performance at both an individual and team level and ensure operational excellence in engagement delivery.
This role offers a great variety of work, autonomy, client contact and direct Partner interaction and coaching.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist in building and mentoring an IT Risk Advisory & Consulting team of highly skilled internal professionals.
- Manage a varied portfolio of clients across a range of industry sectors, with a focus on risk, controls and assurance
- Supervise and undertake fieldwork and prepare written reports or deliverables of a high quality and standard, adhering to budgets and timelines
- Assist in driving the continuous improvement of current practice processes, tools and methodologies.
- Coach and mentor junior members of the team
- Drive growth initiatives and business development of the practice while working with Partners and other service lines across the broader BDO team
What you’ll need to succeed
- High level of experience in a similar role in practice or industry
- Information systems, accounting or business related tertiary qualification
- Certifications or qualifications relevant to the role (e.g., CISA, ITIL, COBIT5, CA, CPA, etc.)
- Experience in IT General Controls (ITGC), Business Application Controls, SOC1,2,3 reporting, Cyber Security, System Implementation and Data Migration reviews and IT Resilience.
- Experience in IT risk management including frameworks, risk processes and methodologies.
- Strong working knowledge of key business risks across various industry sectors.
- Exposure to latest better practices/methodologies/frameworks in regard to IT risk management, project management etc.
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
For immediate consideration please click Apply or for further information please contact Maria Aniceto on maria.aniceto@BDO.com.au. Learn more what we offer at BDO.
Ideas | People | Trust
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.