About the Team
We are looking for an energetic and dynamic Accountant to join a team with 3 Partners and 35 colleagues.
We will provide client contact, flexibility and responsibility so would suit a person looking for autonomy to grow in a role and the confidence to speak up when they need a hand (help will always be there for anyone who asks but our clients move fast and hence we need the team to be able to respond quickly within their capability to do so).
We aim to maintain a work environment that is fun, accommodating yet dedicated to client service. Put another way, banter, laughter and professionalism.
If this is something that appeals to you, let’s have a chat!
BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done. Learn more about BDO.
We are a firm that cares passionately about its people and are willing to make long term investments in people that show that they care about our values.
About The Role:
The role of the Accountant will be involved in providing professional accounting services to a diverse range of family owned businesses, from start-ups to significant global entities. This role will provide you exposure to numerous clients across a broad range of industries. We aim to work with people that we respect and who also respect us.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required:
- A positive and affable attitude
- Team player; committed to supporting team members and joining in the vibrant culture that the team aims to exude;
- CA or CPA Qualification or partly completed;
- 2-3 years Business Services/Tax experience (mid-tier experience desirable);
- Client focused. Strong commitment to quality service and client relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to establish professional relations with internal and external clients;
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability;
- Ability to multi task and effectively manage individual and team work flow;
- Self-motivated; takes responsibility for personal and professional development;
- Excellent attention to detail and a proactive approach to work;
- Microsoft Office: Word/Excel/Outlook;
- Advanced Professional Solutions APS (desired);
- Xero (desired).
- Prepare a range of financial statements in accordance with regulatory, accounting and financial reporting standards;
- Prepare clear and concise work papers;
- Supervise junior staff on certain jobs, as appropriate;
- Review appropriate completed tax and FBT returns for compliance, and identifies noncompliance issues arising from them;
- Perform tax planning for clients;
- Prepare tax returns for all entities;
- Prepare Business Activity Statements;
- Quarterly and annual tax compliance matters;
- Prepare advice for clients in relation to business operations and regulatory matters;
- General business administration.
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package. We want you to make friends with your colleagues and be excited about turning up to work.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click Apply Now or for further information please contact Michelle Lorschy on firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more what we offer at BDO.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.