Outsourcing Accounts Senior
We are currently looking for an Outsourcing Accounts Senior to join our Outsourcing Accounting Team.
This role will be based in our Stevenage office based in Hertfordshire, commutable from North London and surrounding areas. You will be joining an established team, can expect full support and excellent long term Career development opportunities.
Working with a variety of clients, preparing management accounts and taking responsibility of all bookkeeping activities. Supporting and development of more junior staff.
Why Join Menzies?
- We are a UK based recognised employer of choice with office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire, and South Wales (Cardiff).
- Join our family of 500 employees. Be a member and not just a number!
- We offer a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors.
- Our package and benefits are very competitive.
- Work life balance is part of our organisational culture,
- We believe in developing our staff throughout their career.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with clients and Menzies Managers taking responsibility for the preparation of management accounts and overseeing the client’s accounting activities
- Maintain accounting records and working papers, calculate and apply month end adjustments to management accounts
- Competently complete VAT returns applying technical knowledge
- Perform ad hoc project work as requested– e.g. Converting to cloud software, set up bespoke reporting or manage catch-up exercises for clients
- Build relationships with clients, relationship managers and partners where appropriate
- Supervise and train junior colleagues to ensure high quality standards are met and work completed within the assigned timeframes
- Continuously work with clients to share best practices and ensure processes are working efficiently
- Collaborate with other service teams within Menzies to deliver best service and outcome for the client.
- Working towards or qualified in a relevant qualification - ACA, ACCA, or CIMA with at least 2 years bookkeeping experience.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based accounting systems
- Ability to apply technical accounting knowledge to real life client situations
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with client, as will often be main point of day-to-day contact.
- Takes ownership of tasks, where applicable
- Understands and takes an interest in their client’s business goals and sector
- Supports and develops junior staff by sharing technical and practical experience
- Starts to build constructive relationships within own and other Menzies service lines
- Accounting related experience either in accounting practice or within industry
- Previous experience using accounting software packages, namely Xero and QuickBooks
- Strong Excel skills are essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
Key Benefits we offer, but not limited to:
- Competitive base salary (we do yearly market research to ensure we offer a competitive salary to our employees and joining candidates)
- 33 days annual leave entitlement a year including bank holidays.
- Annual buy and sell leave scheme.
- Private Medical Cover available to all employees (trainees can opt in for a salary sacrifice)
- Private Pension Matching Scheme: if employee contributes 2.5-5%, we match it and add another 3% on top!
- Employee Referral Bonus up to £10,000 for a successful placement
- Reimbursement of one professional subscription each year
- Dress for your day policy – you decide, not us!
- Life Assurance 4x your salary
- Group Income Protection – 75% of salary if long term sickness exceeds 6 months.
- Agile Working is embedded in our culture: we understand that everyone works in different ways and need flexibility within their working day.
- Learning and Development opportunities and Study Support throughout your Menzies career
- Career Coaching programme for Managers and above
- Better Place to Work Initiative: proactive benchmarking of the best DEI and wellbeing programmes to offer our employees and improve our employee experience.
- CSR Programme: each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise funds and give back to the local community.
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees and their families. As well as being a support line for mental health counselling, it also offers practical financial, legal and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
- Paid sick leave – a generous scheme to help you when you are struggling with health issues.
- Free flu jab, eyesight test and physical health checks
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Enhanced Parental + Family Leave: We are a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 6 weeks, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility). We also have Adoption and Shared Parental Leave
- Volunteering Scheme with a maximum of 2.5 days given by the Firm to match 2.5 days devoted to qualifying schemes by the employee in any 12-month period.
- Season Ticket Loan
To find out more about our benefits please read here
Our focus at Menzies is providing a#BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated, and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinkingis how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies, we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.