Audit Professionals in Shipping Industry
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too.
Join our continuously growing team, which employs over 2.200 professionals in Greece, and is listed in Greece's Top Employers for 2023! Experience great flexibility, under our hybrid operating model across our offices in Athens, Patras, and Thessaloniki, while benefiting from personalized learning and career development opportunities. We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion, fostering an environment where everyone's unique perspectives are valued, that supports you in building an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The leading shipping audit practice in Greece is looking for dynamic team players to grow its team. If you have aspiration to develop your skills in a challenging international environment. gain exposure in the leading industry in Greece, having worldwide market leaders as clients and become member of a team of people with extensive knowledge and experience in serving clients listed in US stock markets, this opportunity is for you.
Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
Our empowered hybrid way of working allows you to be collaborative, learn from colleagues, share your experiences, build the relationships that will fuel your career and work on individual projects in a way that works for you and our clients.
Your key responsibilities
An important part of your role is to establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You’ll help create a positive learning and diverse culture and will coach and counsel junior team members to help them develop. In line with our commitment to quality, you'll also have a key role in ensuring exceptional client service, quality and delivery. At the same time as maintaining strong client relationships and delivering high quality outcomes, you will need to deliver projects to agreed time. The range of engagements with which our team is involved means that there is a flexible and dynamic team environment providing you with a wealth of opportunities for personal growth and development by working across audit and consulting domains.
Skills and attributes for success
To be successful in the role, you will be building meaningful relationships and demonstrating curiosity that will allow you to have insightful conversations and provide visible challenge during each project. You will lead on the completion of areas of complex or judgemental audit work which includes the identification of issues, analysis of data, articulation of findings and the ability to draw informed conclusions. You will be putting your team first by coaching with purpose, being present with the team and openly communicating expectations. You will support your team’s technical and personal development and identifying where they may require further support and provide performance feedback at the end of each project.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Passion to provide high quality services to our clients
- Good interpersonal and supervisory skills and ability to motivate others
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a hybrid working environment, coach others and be coached
- Critical thinking and a structured, analytical approach to surface complex issues
- Ability to formulate reasonable judgements and conclusions in order to deliver informative and timely outputs
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks for the team
- High work ethics combined with commercial awareness
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both in Greek and English
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior experience in auditing shipping companies
- Good knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP
- University degree in an academic area with quantitative background
- Hold or be in the final stage of acquiring a professional qualification (JES, AMP, SOEL, ACCA, ACA)
What we look for
Passionate, dynamic people, ready to take responsibility and grow together with their teams to become the next leaders
Working location: Athens
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package: You’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Depending on your experience, our comprehensive rewards package includes benefits that suit your needs including cutting-edge technological equipment, ticket restaurant vouchers, a private health insurance scheme, life insurance, income protection and an exclusive EY benefits club that provides a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
- Flexible working arrangements: We operate under a hybrid working model, which is defined based on both your own preferences and team’s needs, and we enjoy our summers with short Fridays.
- Personalized learning experience and career development: We provide free and unlimited access to educational platforms and EY Badges, support certifications, and provide coaching and feedback, as a part of our Leadership & Development process, all of which can lead to a meaningful impact and success as defined by you.
- Transformative leadership:We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- International Experience:Become part of international projects and work along multicultural teams, through our global network.
- Above all, you will be working in one of the Top Employers in Greece for 2023, awarded by the Top Employers Institute.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.