Assurance - Assurance Center of Excellence - Associate- Amman
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
With offices in 152 countries and almost 328,000 people, we are among the leading professional services networks in the world. We help organisations and individuals create the value they are looking for, by delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 7,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team with its tailored solutions, brings international experience, helping our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview
Our Middle East Assurance practice includes over 2,300 people based in 12 countries across the region and is part of PwC’s global network that is operating worldwide. PwC Middle East’s Assurance practice combines the right mix of human-led and tech powered solutions to provide our clients with quality audits and other risk services that create confidence and impact in our region and across society.
Business Unit Overview
Due to the rapid growth of our regional Assurance Centre of Excellence (ACE) in ME Region, we currently have opportunities for ambitious and motivated graduates who are able to communicate comfortably in English and Arabic as part of virtual teams. Specialists support the mainstream core Assurance (Audit) departments and work on a huge range of clients across the region. In this regional business unit that operates in Multiple locations in the ME region, we perform specific audit and administrative activities. Our digital services are developed with a process-driven approach with corresponding training and technology. Financial statements are a core deliverable within this process, they have to be drafted, checked and reviewed against a reporting framework checklist and finally translated. Your knowledge in accounting and reporting standards will grow through this experience. New services are constantly developed in this growing area of the Assurance practice.
What is expected from you?
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- You will be required to possess strong project and time management skills to execute the process work flow from the beginning to its final review stage, thereby working with people of different levels of experience in the business area.
- Develop yourself personally, taking a keen interest in the services and learning the skills needed to execute them to a high level of quality in an efficient way.
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different countries in the region on the standardised services to ensure they are being conducted in accordance with the user guide.
- Based on request requirements the candidates will provide the service against agreed deadlines and monitor the time spent which is recorded on a timesheet system daily.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives and,
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world in PwC’s service delivery centres.
- As an associate in the ACE team, the role includes wider practice communication responsibilities which relate to the execution of the individual work request.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC’s Assurance Centre of Excellence. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of our services to the Middle Eastern Assurance practice. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
What will you bring?
You are ambitious and get use of opportunities to grow and develop. In addition, you recognise yourself in the following characteristics:
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Accounting And Finance.
- Growing into this position or the wider Assurance practice requires applying for mandatory qualifications such as CPA and ACCA.
- Ability to learn in a culture where one takes responsibility for their personal growth and development.
- Able to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines a day while maintaining a positive attitude and exemplary customer service.
- Strong interest and passion for attention to detail in a multicultural working environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes MS Office: word, excel and powerpoint.
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work.
- Bilingual proficiency in Arabic and English.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates might be required.
**Expected joining will be in July / August
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that help us deliver our business strategy - that make up “The PwC Professional”.
The PwC Professional framework plays a significant role in outlining the capabilities needed by our people to flourish, learn and develop together as leaders at every level. The framework exists to support the development and career progression of our people, helping them to meet the expectations of our clients, colleagues and communities in today’s changing global marketplace.
Why you’ll love working for PwC
We’re a business that leads with the heart and we prioritise our people. Led by our value of care, we find ways to help our people, our clients and one another. With PwC, you will ignite a meaningful career and will be provided with a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits designed to encourage your growth, like:
- A competitive remuneration plan in which you will be rewarded for your success and acknowledged for the value you provide to our company .
- We encourage an inclusive and diverse culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. This makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients.
- A flexible workframe to encourage work-life balance.
- We care about our employees' mental health and well-being by providing specialists to offer advice, as well as meditation, yoga, and other relaxation online sessions.
- Limitless opportunities for continuous learning and digital upskilling.
- A friendly atmosphere that encourages innovative mindsets, relationships development, and assisting others in growing and working in ways that bring out their best.
- A competitive Schooling allowance and insurance packages (As per PwC policy).
To learn more about our new equation that built this culture please visit this link.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.
Learn more about “Life at PwC ME”through this link.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.