Equities Product Controller
You will partner with Front Office to project the trajectory of Global Equities business activity and translate this into future Capital and Liquidity requirements to assess the bottom line cost impact and expected performance vs Treasury set targets.
- Forecasting of external and internal measures of Capital and Liquidity needs (including Balance Sheet, standardised and advanced RWA, SLR and GSIB) in addition to revenue (NII, cost of allocated capital and term funding)
- Devising the methodology to allocate the costs incurred from central management of Funding, Capital and Liquidity Risk to Equity trading desks (FTP) based on their contribution to Risk.
- Serving as the link between Equities FO and Finance to calculate and communicate revenue impacts to the business from changes in Risk or Charging frameworks, while providing colour on Equities Balance Sheet strategy to Senior Management/Treasury
- Production and presentation of variance analysis over time periods and back testing of forecast results vs realised activity to refine assumptions and inputs
- Identifying and progressing process improvement and re-engineering opportunities (using tools such as Tableau and Alteryx) and ensuring all processes have sufficient controls in place that are robust, documented and transparent
- Supporting key external disclosures across the business globally, and ensuring that all reporting adheres to external regulatory requirements and accounting standards
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Work experience within Finance or Treasury
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business or related area
- Accounting & regulatory knowledge, specifically Capital and Liquidity measures preferred (either Basel/Fed/ECB/PRA)
- Product knowledge (particularly Security financing, Equity derivatives/options)
- A good knowledge of MS Excel
- High enthusiasm and energy with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to build and sustain strong relationships with key stakeholders and other teams
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Tableau and Alteryx experience preferred
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world. Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.