Private Markets Fund Accounting & Administration, Vice President
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Vice President to service clients for our Private Equity FOF division of our Alternative Investment Solutions Group. They will partner with both clients and colleagues to establish the workflow and client deadlines while supervising staff members. They will be responsible for delivering reporting and day-to-day accounting and support for our clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting & Administration, VP you will be responsible for
- Supervising staff (including Associates, Senior Associates, Officers and AVP ).
- Managing client relationships with both client personnel and fund investors.
- Reviewing quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and PCAP allocations.
- Reviewing quarterly annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Review of capital calls and distributions, including notices.
- Reviewing quarterly management fee calculations.
- Review and/or preparation of various client related correspondence.
- Client interaction on a daily basis.
- Coordination of annual audit with accounting firms.
- Review and/or preparation of waterfall and capital account allocations.
- Understand how to navigate through limited partnership agreement.
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including auditors.
- Ensure compliance with investment fund legal documents, i.e. partnership agreement.
- Assist accounting managers to ensure compliance with investment fund agreements and other legal documents.
- Special client projects.
- Manage internal workflow (including offshore hubs) and client deadlines.
What we value
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with accounting
- 12+ years of general ledger accounting or audit experience
- 6+ years of leadership experience
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
$120,000 - $202,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.