Assistant Manager, Charities and Not-for-Profit - Thames Valley
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist – at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace. That’s why, at Crowe, our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Audit Assistant Manager, Charities and Not-for-Profit
Our specialist not-for-profit team is multi-disciplinary and includes audit, accounting, tax, risk management, evaluation, governance and consultancy specialists as well as grants specialists.
We’ve identified a need to strengthen this award-winning team with the appointment of an Audit Assistant Manager
As part of the team that has been named the UK’s leading charity auditor for the last 14 years running, your role will involve working with a wide variety of clients within the not-for-profit sector including grant makers, schools, academies, charitable organisations, membership organisations, professional bodies, etc.
This is therefore a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to specialise and grow within the sector – particularly if you have a passion for it and making a positive difference to organisations that do fantastic work in the UK. You will be working alongside experienced partners with a wealth of not-for-profit knowledge, whilst managing a team of auditors within a supportive and approachable environment. Your role will be challenging and varied and you will be encouraged to take on responsibilities and offered excellent opportunities to quickly progress further within the firm.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of external audit clients to deliver a year-round service including building and maintaining strong working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Managing a number of audit teams and ensuring planned work is completed within the agreed budget and timescales from planning through to completion
- Act as a principal contact for your clients through the year delivering a proactive service
- Be able to work to tight deadlines taking responsibility for your work and multi-tasking in an organised manner. You must time plan your own work and client appointments
- Preparation and presentation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees/Boards
- Direct, coach and mentor audit teams to assist them in the delivery of engagements
- Be proactive in Business Development activities and developing, maintaining and monitoring your own network
- Involvement in proposals and presentations for new work.
- Potential for involvement in the provision of wider assurance services to clients
- Participate in team and firm wide activities and training opportunities
Specialist / technical knowledge that will help in this role:
- Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Knowledge and experience of Charity audits and the not-for-profit sector, including the Charities SORP is an advantage, although not essential. An interest in, and passion for, the not-for-profit sector is essential.
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards
- Strong people management skills enabling you to support, coach and mentor more junior colleagues
Did you know…? We are the 9th largest audit firm in the UK, 8th largest in terms of total listed clients, 5th largest for AIM listed audit clients and 2nd largest for AIM listed clients in the technology sector. We have been named as the UK’s leading auditor for the charity sector for the last 14 years in a row. Our growth in audit has reached record levels in recent years: &>20% growth in audit fees since 2021 alone.
The headcount of the Audit team in our Thames Valley office has grown by over 60% since March 2020 (and by more than 180% since March 2015). Our targets for future growth have been planned and align with recent client wins as well as expected fee revenue growth. Therefore, joining our Audit team now will provide very clear opportunities for relatively quick career progression.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition, you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus, an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 31 October 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.