Senior Analyst, Client Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
The Client Reporting Team produces a range of reports that cater to diverse client needs. Comprising several sub teams specializing in different reporting types and services, the team collectively handles everything from in-depth performance analyses for board meetings to client-specific and non-financial reports. The team’s expertise ensures that all reports are timely, accurate, and tailored to facilitate informed decision-making for our clients and their stakeholders.
The Senior Analyst at Client Reporting is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate various client reports, escalating critical issues, and supervising the day-to-day work of analysts. The ideal candidate will be a proactive communicator, adept at handling internal teams and counterparts, and committed to maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and timeliness in all reports for both preparation and review.
The Senior Analyst has general key responsibilities applicable to all teams within Client Reporting. Specific key responsibilities for each team will be noted below.
- Answer queries from various internal teams and stakeholders such as, but not limited to Relationship Managers, Client Service Delivery Managers, Project Managers and Operational Teams pertaining to assigned reports
- Escalate all critical issues to management in a timely manner.
- Ensure reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure core procedures and checklists are utilized by partners.
- Carry out complex tasks and deliver reports with minimal supervision.
- Review reports and maintain 'Error logs' and 'Issue logs' to ensure all reports are updated accurately and timely.
- Ensure that Timeliness and Accuracy KPI goals are met by the team.
- Provide feedback and best practices during the team's RCA (Root Cause Analysis) Discussion every month.
- Act as an SME who trains, supports, guides, and ensures the team completes all work allocations accurately and timely.
- Handle operational activities and supervise the day-to-day work of analysts.
- Manage upper management, stakeholders, relationship managers, and client service delivery managers for any urgent requests.
Board Reporting Team Key Responsibilities
- Prepare and conduct the initial review of board reports which outlines the comprehensive reports on the fund administration and depositary performance to be utilized by Relationship Managers and/or Client Service Delivery Managers for presentations in board meetings.
- Responsible for obtaining data used in the reports such as generating Fund Accounting data from GIO or sending data requests to Fund Accounting and Transfer Agency Operational teams.
Corporate Secretarial Team Key Responsibilities
- Prepare and review board report packs, pre and post board meeting documents, and other key information reports to the Board of Directors which are essential to their overall fund oversight responsibilities. This also includes submitting notices and filings to the relevant stock exchanges to comply with the requirements of different regulatory authorities.
Client Service Delivery Group Key Responsibilities
- Prepare client metrics, non-financial reports, and presentations tailored to specific client needs used by Relationship Managers and/or Client Service Delivery Managers for client meetings, service reviews, and general client requests.
- Generate ad-hoc client-specific and team reports as required.
Management Information Statistics Team Key Responsibilities
- Prepare and review client presentations (Service Packs) from raw data to be utilized by Relationship
- Managers and/or Client Service Delivery Managers in service review calls.
- Service Packs include Key Performance Indicators for fund activity and Northern Trust Administration service, Custody performance related data, and Fund Accounting and Transfer Agency specific information.
- Generate ad-hoc client-specific and team reports as required.
New Business Team Key Responsibilities
- Process requests, answer queries, and maintain and prepare reports daily for new opportunities and liquidations which are received from Relationship Managers, Client Service Delivery Managers, and/or Sales to assist management in scheduling business for the operations business departments.
- Handle email communications, send out necessary emails, monitor responses, and ensure that all Project Managers have provided their updates and confirmed their inputs for accuracy and completeness which are then reflected on the schedule.
The successful candidate would benefit from having:
- A College or University degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience in financial services industry
- Understanding of Financial Markets and relevant instrument types.
- Experience working in Financial Services is essential.
- Flexibility to work in shifts and/or on a rotational basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center atMyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.