Audit Manager - Banking
At Mazars we have multiple opportunities for you, with exciting career paths that will lead to progression within the firm. A diverse prestigious client list that can offer lifelong professional development with the opportunity to constantly update and grow your skills.
About the team
Our Audit team here at Mazars specialises in delivering high quality services to our clients. You will have the opportunity to work with a prestigious list of insurance clients widening your exposure to different aspects of the insurance industry. At Mazars you will be able to bring your authentic self to work. We will support you with your career progression, work life balance and wellbeing.
In Audit, a growing team of around 1,350 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers add value to their clients daily. With a focus on quality, our teams provide audit and assurance services which are vital to our clients' business controls and credibility.
The financial services audit department works internationally to provide seamless, cross-border services to our clients.
About the role
- Technical expert for audit assignments, providing advice to audit team and client.
- Leading an audit team, ensuring the team complete in a timely manner within budget.
- Managing audit assignments from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales.
- Controlling time spent and monitoring actual time within budget.
- People management – coaching, feedback, performance management, training and development, engaging high performing teams.
- Maintains control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency.
- Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team.
- Drafts the audit opinion summary for the Partner and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers.
- Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work.
What are we looking for?
- ACA / CA / ACCA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Holds significant experience of leading external audits managing a portfolio of clients and leading audit teams.
- Client relationship management experience.
- Relevant banking sector audit experience.
- Up to date technical knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102 and IFRS.
- Experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages.
- Experience of developing new initiatives and methodologies.
- Experience of identifying issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
Mazars is a leading international professional services firm delivering exceptional quality in audit, accounting, tax, financial advisory, outsourcing and consulting.
We are one diverse, multicultural, multi-generational team with a huge sense of connection and belonging. This is a place where you can take ownership of your career, get involved, believe in yourself and put your ideas into action.
At Mazars, we celebrate individuality and thrive on teamwork. We give people the freedom to make a personal contribution to our shared purpose. We support one another to deliver quality, create change and make an impact so that everyone can reach their full potential.
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Mazars; we want to ensure everyone, whether in the recruitment process or beyond is fully supported to be their unique self. To read more about our approach click here
Our aim is to make the recruitment process as accessible and inclusive as possible - please contact us to discuss any changes you may require so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.
Please click on the link here to apply
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.