Senior Manager - Performance Reporting
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services Finance acts as a partner to the Retail Banking Services (RBS) business unit and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with the Bank’s goals and their business unit responsibilities.
Retail Banking Services Finance forms part of the Financial Services business unit whose vision is to make a difference on the things that matter.
The RBS Finance team operates as a business partner integrated with the management of the product and distribution businesses yet with a one step removed status to promote objectivity and independence of analysis and advice. Major work functions are planning, reporting and decision support to line management to promote operational and financial efficiency, productivity delivery and customer service quality.
The RBS Performance Reporting team provide business performance information and reporting, financial analysis, insights and support to the RBS business and leadership to inform operational and strategic decision making and our shareholders’.
The Senior Manager of Performance Reporting acts as the key point of contact for the RBS CFO, Performance Management GM, Business Performance EM and Group Finance in relation to the financial performance of the RBS business. This highly valued and engaging role provides a holistic view of financial performance across all of RBS, engages with a wide range of stakeholders, receives support from direct and indirect reports and has exposure to senior leadership (EM, GM, EGM).
Do work that matters
The responsibilities of the Senior Manager Performance Reporting include:
- Coordinate the monthly, quarterly, half and full yearly performance reporting process for RBS; including Monthly Performance Reporting, Quarterly Trading Updates, Profit Announcements and Investor Relations;
- Prepare high quality presentations, supporting analysis and strategic insights for senior management (RBS Leadership Team including the CEO and CFO, Group Finance, etc.), such as the quarterly CEO results presentation or conducting research into peer performance;
- Engage and build strong relationships with a broad range of Finance related stakeholders (product, distribution, treasury, risk, etc.) to understand the underlying drivers of financial and business performance for RBS, providing insight and helping inform RBS leadership decision making;
- Act as the key point of contact for the RBS CFO and Group Finance in relation to financial performance of the RBS business, assisting with both recurring and ad hoc requests;
- Manage and be supported by a team of direct (3) and indirect (1) reports, maintaining a high performing and positive work culture, focused on delivery, customer engagement and skill development;
- Understand the financial and performance reporting frameworks of the RBS P&L and BS;
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger and supporting the coordination and management of financial controls; and
- Actively contributing to process improvement, simplification and cross skilling across the Performance Reporting team.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Graduate qualifications in a numerate discipline – accounting / finance / business;
- A post graduate qualification (e.g. CA/CPA, CFA, MBA);
- Financial Services experience in a banking environment is preferable;
- Strong experience in a financial performance management;
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously;
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Strong leadership and team management skills;
- High degree of commercial acumen;
- Results driven;
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deliverables; and
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 07/10/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.