Senior Associate, Corporate Audit - Thames Valley
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist – at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace. That’s why, at Crowe, our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Senior Associate, Audit, Thames Valley
We seek a talented and ambitious Senior Associate (i.e. newly-qualified) to strengthen the ever-growing Corporate Audit function in our Thames Valley office. This role would suit any recently qualified Auditor looking to develop their experience and career in a supportive environment as well as gain broad and holistic experience.
This opportunity will involve working on a varied client portfolio; a range of corporate, listed and owner-managed businesses across multiple sectors.
You will be working alongside experienced Managers, Directors and Partners in a dynamic and growing team, within a supportive and approachable environment. Your role will be challenging and varied and you will be encouraged to take on responsibilities and offered excellent opportunities to quickly develop and progress further within the firm.
You will be responsible for the delivery of client-based assignments, ensuring the team’s audit work and reporting is of high quality. This role will include leading and coaching team members as well as managing relationships with clients.
Your direct client responsibilities
- Acting as the first point of contact for our clients on a day-to-day basis
- Demonstrating excellent writing, research and presentation skills (proficient in power point, excel and word)
- Anticipating client needs, and communicating effectively with clients in both written and verbal exchanges
- Acting at all times with the Firm’s best interests in mind. Acts with professionalism and integrity in all dealings
- Assisting in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, providing solutions and seeking input for areas of concern and judgement
- Demonstrating an understanding of the different types of risk, understanding the Firm’s approach and policies for managing risk in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules and following policies
- Considering and managing risk (reputational, operational and credit) in all interactions with clients
- Showing a sense of urgency and understanding of how your work (including speed, attention to detail, and quality) impacts the Firm’s ability to serve clients
- Producing work for the Manager and/or Partner review, clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified
- Demonstrating business development skills and identifying additional sales opportunities.
- Demonstrating an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Audit Findings Reports to be provided to the client
- Taking primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager
- Although the majority of your time will be spent servicing clients in the Thames Valley region, at times, there may be a requirement to support the other UK offices.
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally
- Coaching junior members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately
- Providing on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm’s audit methodology
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities
Qualities we are looking for
- Act as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching
- Deliver work to the highest quality
- Ability to provide fast and intuitive analysis; correctly interpreting data, including financial statements and source documents
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively manage the audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters
- The ability to lead and manage fieldwork on clients’ sites, including liaison with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- ACA/ACCA/CA qualification essential
- Solid foundation of auditing experience and different accounting standards
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- A passion for client service
- Displays energy and enthusiasm and a focus on achieving results
- A keenness to further your own personal development and meet your career ambitions
Did you know? We are the 9th largest audit firm in the UK, 8th largest in terms of total listed clients, 5th largest for AIM listed audit clients and 2nd largest for AIM listed clients in the technology sector. Our growth in audit has reached record levels in recent years: &>20% growth in audit fees since 2021.
The headcount of the Audit team in our Thames Valley office has grown by over 60% since March 2020 (and by more than 180% since March 2015). Our targets for future growth have been planned and align with recent client wins as well as expected fee revenue growth. Therefore, joining our Audit team now will provide very clear opportunities for relatively quick career progression.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition, you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus, an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 31 October 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.