Senior Analyst - Financial Reporting & Analysis (Expression of Interest)
Senior Analyst opportunities available in our investment, divisional, planning, forecasting, and group performance reporting teams.
Now is the time to join a recognised leading Financial Services team in the financial services industry.
Given CommBanks commitment to building a simpler, better bank, we have a number of opportunities at the Senior Associate/Senior Analyst level supporting our financial services teams.
Please note – This is an Expression of Interest; it is still strongly encouraged that you still apply for other roles in our business.
See yourself in our team
The purpose of the roles is to help deliver the strategic agenda for FR&A. This will involve delivering value-adding, insightful reporting and analysis to the Board, CEO, CFO, ELT, Executive General Manager Group Finance, and Group Treasurer, Investment bank, relating to the strategic direction and performance of the Group.
Your responsibilities are varied, ranging from being the key business partner in Group Finance for selected Business Units and Subject Matter Experts, ensuring the successful co-ordination, execution and delivery of the monthly financial dashboards, quarterly trading updates, and semi-annual results for the Profit Announcements, to providing ad-hoc value-add analysis to FR&A’s key stakeholders.
Key duties could include:
- Investment spend forecasts and insights for senior management as well as reporting on the effectiveness and efficiency of the investment portfolio and resources.
- Successful co-ordination, execution and delivery of the Group's monthly “flash” result to the CEO and CFO
- Successful co-ordination, execution and delivery of the monthly financial dashboards to the Executive Leadership Team, CEO and the Board
- Assist in the preparation of external results reporting on the investment portfolio and preparation of Annual Operating Plans and Quarterly Business Review memos.
- Ad hoc analysis of the project delivery workforce and allocation of funding with focus on optimisation
- To provide independent review of strategic equity investments and transactions and advice to the Group CFO
- Engage and partner with stakeholders across various parts of the Group.
Your experience could include:
- Risk Mindset - All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, and commercial acumen
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Innovative and able to drive results.
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified and Big 4 background preferred (could be from a deals, audit or performance reporting background)
Our team is looking to connect with Risk professionals who are interested in being part of a high performing, customer-focused and passionate culture to build a simpler, better bank. We welcome you to express your interest and learn more about current opportunities. We will be in contact with suitable candidates.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support, please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696
We support our people with the flexibility to balance where work is done with at least half their time each month connecting in office. We also have many other flexible working options available including changing start and finish times, part-time arrangements and job share to name a few. Talk to us about how these arrangements might work in the role you are interested in.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 28/10/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.