Financial Controller - Compliance
This position will be responsible for the financial and regulatory compliance of the Company and support the Head of Group Financial Compliance and the Finance function.
- Responsible for the Group authorisation instructions matrix and performing an annual review Coordinate and lead the Agresso Controls meetings and follow up on actions that arise from these meetings
- Work independently to open new bank accounts as per the needs of the business (i.e both in and out of the UK)
- Perform an annual review of all finance, purchasing and AP processes and to work with the document owners to improve the quality of documentation
- Be the first point of contact for any changes needed to existing finance documentation and develop a streamlined change management process Identify gaps in existing documentation and suggest recommendations to make finance processes more robust
- To assist in establishing new companies as and when required by the business (registering new subsidiaries, VAT registration, new company checklists, bank accounts and any other related tasks)
- Attend debtors meetings with the Head of Financial Compliance and take ownership of the minutes and actions arising from each meeting.
- Provide consolidated reporting on debtors for senior management Assist in the management and reporting of the Group’s working capital (cashflows, inventory policies, debtors, cash analysis etc)
- Responsible for the continual improvement, audit and compliance of key Finance documentation controlled within Qualsys (Quality Management System) Assist in overseeing the external audit for the UK entities Assist in delivering evidence for other audits (ISO, Client audits, SOC audits, Internal etc) and take ownership of certain areas of each audit
- Assist in ad hoc information requests/projects required from finance Develop relationships with senior stakeholders/company directors
- Responsible for the monthly UK company pension submissions, HMRC Payment and finance payroll costings
- Assist in annual tax compliance including submission of corporation tax returns for the UK companies
- Responsible for the preparation of the P11D’s and annual PSA for each PAYE reference
- Take the lead on project based work and ensure that teams are focussed with agreed and clear deadlines and objectives
- From time to time assist the rest of the finance team with AARO reporting to help ensure we meet our parent company objectives
You may be asked from time to time be asked to undertake other tasks that are considered to be relevant to your position.
- Degree/Professional Accountancy Qualification ACCA/CIMA/ICAS
- Significant experience within audit/compliance