Process Architect - Global Power Trading
Where you fit in:
The Shell global Trading and Supply business is one of the largest energy trading operations in the world. We have key hubs in Dubai, Houston, London, Rotterdam and Singapore, trading in crude oil, natural gas, LNG, electrical power, refined products, chemical feed stocks and environmental products.
This combined with an integrated network of supply and distribution activities and an industry-leading shipping and maritime capability add value for Shell across its Upstream and Downstream businesses.
What’s your role?
This role is in Energy Risk and Accounting (ERA) organization covering Trading Settlements and Accounting (TSA) activities and will be supporting the Global Gas Trading, ETPB and RES B2B business agenda and will be part of the transformation project team for planning and implementation of growth agenda.
This role involves strategic thinking to come up fit for purpose solution/create process roadmap for dynamic/demanding business and will involve leading a team of process experts who work alongside the front office, mid office, process management team, IT and other business partners to drive Operational Excellence and the improvement agenda. The transformation is the center of overall Energy transition program initiated by Shell and this role will make a real difference to Shell’s overall climate change commitments by supporting rapid growth of Gas Trading, Global Environmental Products Trading Business (EPTB) and Renewable Energy Solutions (RES) and B2B businesses.
TSA processes cover invoicing, debt chase, settlements and accounting of buy/sell transactions, inventory reconciliation and valuation, volume imbalance reconciliation & related accruals, Trade book to financial reconciliations, related controls design, Group disclosures, LFR (legal, fiscal and regulatory reporting), inter-group balancing, specific accounting, Continuous Improvements, SOX compliance and audit activities.
- Process Ownership for Gas Trading, EPTB and RES B2B businesses covering TSA scope/processes including leading delivery and integration of new processes to support an evolving business. This requires the incumbent to work with the operations teams and business partners to ensure the process is designed and implemented to deliver top quartile performance.
- Ensure alignment and collaboration with other process excellence organizations (in T&S and FO) and Continuous Improvement teams.
- Support the business change agenda (e.g. New Market entries/new exchanges) and system implementations/changes to ensure that the related TSA process continues to support developing business requirements whilst maintaining a robust financial control framework.
- Liaise with IT to establish system/technology changes required to support the TSA digital roadmap.
- Develop deep Gas Trading, EPTB and RES B2B business knowledge to ensure sufficient understanding of how potential improvements, new business and systems will impact the related TSA processes.
- Build a business capability roadmap of change describing how the TSA organization will change to accommodate busines ambitions.
- Actively support knowledge sharing within the teams.
- Support and assist collaboration and ways of working between operations teams and business partners as required.
- Responsible for staff and position planning, employee recruitment and retention across the team.
- Ensure appropriate linkages to other FO teams to facilitate staff movements both in an out of the team.
- Build process and business knowledge, finance skills and leadership capabilities within the team.
- Lead, manage, develop and coach the team.
What we need from you:
- Accounting or related business degree is essential. Professional Accounting Qualification would be desirable.
- 15 plus years work experience in various Trading related business/financial roles, with deep understanding and experience in applying Life of a Deal, process, controls and accounting principles in practice.
- Experience of - process designing, leading, and delivering large scale projects with an ability to think strategic “fit for purpose” solution and create roadmap for dynamic business needs. - providing leadership, steer and support within a large-scale change management program with significant technical/IT delivery. -
- Experience in working with ETRMs (Energy Trading Risk Management system) and various digital tools with an ability to understand the various functionalities to accommodate changes/new business scenarios. - Integrating newly acquired businesses/assets in the portfolio (desirable) Understanding of energy market, prior experience of Energy trading environments and associated financial processes and controls is highly desirable.
- Experience of leading a diverse team is essential. Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Risk Management & Financial Controls
- Process & Data Mgmt. (incl Process Design and Implementation)
- Business Performance Management.
- Business Partnering, Governance and Assurance.
- Group Accounting Policies & Standards
- Project Management and Internal Audit M
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.