Senior Specialist - Market Risk
- Manages one or more operational information and data projects.
- Guides stakeholders in understanding analyses / outcomes and using them.
- Conducts analyses to solve patterned or variable information and data queries/problems.
- Works under broad guidance and supervision by Manager / Team Lead for complex activities.
This job profile contains generic information and does not describe individual positions or required job competencies. Grading decisions will also depend on other factors.
- Assist with the daily production of WONA desk and assist traders to tie out their pnl with market movement.
- Complete analysis of most of the product mark-to-market curves price movements to ensure trading system us correct.
- Exposure analysis and Investor’s profitability reporting exclusively for desk to take trade decisions.
- Monitor exposure & NBP exposure limits daily within the trading control framework and manual of authorities (MOA)
- SOX control- Operates few quarter end SOX controls like Anchor Point review, Disclosures, IFRS requirement. Yearly SOX control such as Illiquid Series review.
- Prepare weekly trade performance slide decks for GM WONA desk for his weekly meetings
- Work on liquidity reserve calculation in a quarter and ensure that is correctly communicated to trading desk.
- Champion Risk Committee action items and sees them through implementation especially with trading desk.
- In case of DEX curve error, liaise with business users and technical support to identify, analyze and resolve DEX application issues (ad hoc).
- Ensure daily control is whole like, Late Deals, Bucket deals etc.
- Provide ad hoc analysis by running queries off the Trading Risk Databases
- Ensure activities are carried out with safety awareness and are performed in compliance with external regulation, the Control Framework, SOX and Financial Reporting requirements and Trading mandate and policies.
- A key challenge is on maintaining quality relationships and engagements with key business stakeholders including GM, to ensure timely and accurate data.
- Understanding the numbers and convincingly explaining the ‘story behind them’ demonstrating and appreciation for trading strategies and risk payoffs.
- Exploring opportunities to continuously improve tools and process.
- With Trading Risk Operation being a new group, the candidate is asked to be flexible in terms of work scope in the knowledge that the role will become increasingly challenging and in depth with every new activity rolled out.
- The work will be shift oriented with a requirement for early day and late day shifts depending on the business requirements.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- The ideal candidate will be highly numerate, logical, have the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and be comfortable working in teams.
- A good understanding of Oil Markets business would be valuable as would knowledge of trading management information systems.
- Risk management knowledge or experience would be a strong plus.
- The successful candidate should be motivated to 'dig into conflicting data' and resolve issues while considering the impact upon the overall business.
- An undergraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Science, Finance or Economics from a leading academic institution.
- MBA in Finance from Tier I Institution.
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Strong computing skills (excel, programming R or Python, Qlik, Power BI) and analytical abilities
- Experience in Six-Sigma and/or other problem-solving methodologies to drive continuous improvement
- Strong analytical skills required, detail and accuracy oriented.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Finance and accounting skills including ability to understand financial results and financial and management reports
- Experience with risk analysis, value-at-risk, financial derivatives, or physical energy markets would be a plus.
- Demonstrates ability to work with cross-functional work group
- Demonstrates ability to drill down into complex data and must have a keen eye for details
- Must be able to demonstrate creativity in problem solving.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.