Ocorian is a global leader in corporate and fiduciary services, fund administration and capital markets. Wherever our clients hold financial interests, or however they are structured, we provide compliant, tailored solutions that are individual to their needs.
We manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.Job Description
Purpose of the job:
- To accurately process accounting records and prepare semi-complex financial statements in accordance with IFRS or other designated accounting framework(s).
- To review the work of and provide guidance to the Assistant Accountant(s) / Junior Accountant(s).
To conduct the following within prescribed deadlines:
- Prepare and post final bookkeeping entries required for producing financial statements and management accounts for semi-complex clients.
- Perform bank and any other reconciliations.
- Prepare and review VAT, TDS returns and Tax Computations for clients.
- File financial statements, tax returns and other statutory returns within deadlines.
- Provide accounting support to Accounting staff and assist with ad-hoc projects as may be required from time to time.
- Prepare annual management accounts and financial statements in accordance with IFRS or other designated accounting framework(s) from the accounting records for semi-complex client entities.
- Review the work of and provide guidance to the Assistant Accountant(s) / Junior Accountant(s) whenever required.
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables.
- To assist the Manager by providing daily support as requested. This will include but may not be limited to: -Supporting the on-going development of the team through involvement in the coaching, training and motivation of team members with supervision and guidance from the Assistant Manager.
- ACCA/ACA qualified or be suitably qualified by virtue of relevant experience.
- Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience with exposure to Global Businesses.
- 3 years’ experience in preparing client accounts would be desirable
- Basic knowledge of IFRS.
- Well versed in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Willingness to learn NAV, Efront systems and Value Financials software.
- Technical skills in the accounting area.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues at all levels.
- Able to work using own initiative, control own work load and prioritise matters as appropriate.
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A solution driven attitude to problems.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work methodically and accurately.
- Team spirit.
What We Offer
Working at Ocorian means entering a dynamic and growth-orientated company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
All our staff seek to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.