Senior Associate/Manager, Portfolio Analytics Team
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley, provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. With over $500+ billion in Assets under Administration, the division employs over 1,400 professionals globally, with offices in New York, Dublin, London, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Glasgow and Bangalore.
The Portfolio Analytics group within Morgan Stanley Fund Services focuses on helping clients analyze, understand and report Investment risk and performance of client’s portfolios, provide portfolio transparency reporting, OTC derivatives valuation and other portfolio analytics needs of Morgan Stanley’s global hedge fund clientele. We leverage the group’s proprietary web-based applications and work closely with hedge fund clients and other teams within the division.
The Portfolio Analytics team is currently seeking a candidate to be a part of global analytics solutions team thereby providing in-depth portfolio performance and risk attribution of the firm’s hedge fund clients by utilizing in-house analytics tools.
- Perform risk and return attribution for portfolio of the firm’s hedge fund clients
- Perform sanity checks across analytics applications to ensure data accuracy
- Prepare custom client reports that involve risk and performance calculation
- Help in building automation to scale bespoke solutions for the clients using VBA coding or with IT solutions
- Contribute towards building new analytics tools and offerings and constantly suggest enhancements in the existing processes to improve operational efficiency
- Strong understanding of equities, fixed income and derivatives products
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel-VBA. Familiarity with R or any other programming language and business intelligence software like Tableau, MS Power BI will be an added advantage
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving ability with attention to details
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, both written and verbally
- Ability to take ownership of assigned task and drive it independently
- BE/BTech + MBA (Finance) with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- CFA and FRM preferred
The role requires working in shift from 12 pm – 9 pm or 1 pm - 10 pm and following US Holiday calendar
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.