Assistant, Private Client Tax - Thames Valley
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist – at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace. That’s why, at Crowe, our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Assistant, Private Client Tax, Thames Valley
We are in search of a new Assistant to join our successful Private Client team in Thames Valley (Reading). There’s never been a better time to start your tax career at Crowe… We were recently shortlisted for ‘Tax Employer of the Year’ at the 2023 Tolley’s Taxation Awards – a testament to the amazing talent in our team. Our headcount in the Thames Valley tax team has risen by 66% in just the last 3 years – and with more growth forecasted, there will be genuine opportunities for career advancement in a successful tax team.
The main purpose of this role will be to assist in preparing trust accounts & tax returns, and to provide organised and professional support to the Private Clients Trust team. The clients are a mixture of private clients, partnerships and trusts, HNWIs, non-residents and non-domiciles with international and UK business connections, investments and property interests.
Excellent communication skills, initiative and the ability to organise yourself is essential.
Accounts and Tax Returns:
- Prepare self-assessment tax returns and computations by entering source information provided by clients, and other associated tasks.
- Prepare trust and deceased estate accounts by completing these from information provided by clients and their professional advisers.
- Prepare Inheritance Tax (IHT) returns for periodic and exit charges.
- Provide ad-hoc administration services to trustees e.g. arranging payments to beneficiaries, settlement of third-party invoices and tax liabilities.
- Provide tax, trust & IHT planning services to clients
- Administration and compliance work in relation to charitable trusts
- Delivery of client work to meet Trustees' or HMRC deadlines.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with clients and team members
- Attend training courses as identified in order to develop both technical and personal skills
- Adhere to the firm’s risk management policies and procedures.
- Communicate workload with line manager or partner
- Undertake other duties to meet the demands of the business.
- Liaise with HMRC and other professionals regarding client affairs.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of trust matters
We’re looking for individuals with excellent communication skills, initiative and the ability to organise a busy workload. Suitable candidates will also ideally demonstrate the following experience and qualifications:
Education and qualifications:
- Maths and English Language at GCSE (at grade C's or above)
- A-Level standard (or equivalent) of general education.
- Studying for a tax & accounting qualification such as ATT (or equivalent), or a have a degree in accounting. Support can be offered for further studies and relevant qualifications
Experience of using Microsoft packages, internet, email and other computerised packages.
- Experience of working in an accounts and/or tax department.
- Understanding of CCH Trust accounts software
- Methodical and accurate
- Strong team working, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Have a positive attitude towards training and a career opportunity within trusts and private client tax.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition, you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus, an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.Closing Date: 31 October 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.