Outsourcing Accounts Manager
This Outsourcing Accounts Manager position is in a growing area of the business, and you will take ownership of a portfolio of clients and share responsibility of the management of a strong team of financial outsourcing professionals. We are also running numerous cloud-based systems projects, which depending on experience will support with.
This Top 30 Accountancy Practice is full service accountancy firm delivering the complete range of accounting and tax compliance services. They they have offices across the south servicing a full range of clients up to the hundreds of £millions. Based in Stevenage office you would be working with a welcoming team to service this range of clients.
Key Duties & Responsibilities for this Outsourcing Accounts Manager :
- Management of the team members servicing the Manager's portfolio of clients, ensuring all output is accurate and consistent whilst creating a positive and enjoyable working environment.
- Responsibility of a portfolio of clients with varying sizes and requirements, ranging from VAT return preparation through to management accounts and advisory work offering a more bespoke service when requested by the clients.
- Supporting the Outsourcing Partner to implement the firm's vision for servicing clients and managing the team, helping with the department's cloud-based approach for client working.
- Managing deadlines and client expectations, requiring a highly organised approach.
- Cascade client visions and requirements to the team to deliver against high expectations whilst maintaining accuracy. This must be carried out at the same time as meeting financial budgets and internal targets.
- Internal relationship building across all departments within the firm in order for the company to deliver a joined-up service for the clients from the outsourcing services, through to statutory accounts, tax planning and any other relevant areas.
- Potential to be involved in systems-based work including reviews of clients' financial systems and processes, software health checks, recommending improvements and implementing changes.
For this Outsourcing Accounts Manager you will be:
- ACA, ACCA qualified preferable.
- Excellent working knowledge of cloud-based accounting systems
- Solid technical accounting knowledge
- Relevant and current Outsourcing experience / (Financial Controller level experience if in industry)
- Producing Management Accounts and commentary for business owners
- Managing a team and handling the day-to-day issues involved
- Strong communication skills
- Effective client relationship builder
- Experience in designing and implementing financial systems and controls, useful not compulsory.
Key Benefits :
- Competitive base salary
- 33 days annual leave entitlement a year including bank holidays.
- Annual buy and sell leave scheme.
- Private Medical Cover available to all employees (trainees can opt in for a salary sacrifice)
- Private Pension Matching Scheme: if employee contributes 2.5-5%, we match it and add another 3% on top!
- Employee Referral Bonus up to £10,000 for a successful placement
- Reimbursement of one professional subscription each year
- Dress for your day policy - you decide, not us!
- Life Assurance 4x your salary
- Group Income Protection - 75% of salary if long term sickness exceeds 6 months.
- Agile Working is embedded in our culture: we understand that everyone works in different ways and need flexibility within their working day.
- Learning and Development opportunities and Study Support throughout your Menzies career
- Career Coaching programme for Managers and above
- Better Place to Work Initiative: proactive benchmarking of the best DEI and wellbeing programmes to offer our employees and improve our employee experience.
- CSR Programme: each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise funds and give back to the local community.
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all firm's employees and their families. As well as being a support line for mental health counselling, it also offers practical financial, legal and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
- Paid sick leave - a generous scheme to help you when you are struggling with health issues.
- Free flu jab, eyesight test and physical health checks
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Enhanced Parental + Family Leave: We are a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 6 weeks, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility). We also have Adoption and Shared Parental Leave
- Volunteering Scheme with a maximum of 2.5 days given by the Firm to match 2.5 days devoted to qualifying schemes by the employee in any 12-month period.
- Season Ticket Loan