Head of Group Capital Management
What is the opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of the Group Treasury leadership team, where the successful candidate will have accountability for developing and overseeing the Group's capital management strategy. The role is of significant strategic and commercial importance to both Finance and the wider Group.
In this role you will
- Lead, motivate and develop a successful team of Finance professionals in driving the Group's capital management strategy so that Group capital is managed in an optimal manner and shareholder value maximised
- Develop and oversee the Group's capital management strategy and lead preparation of the Group's capital plan and manage the ICAAP process. Provide significant input in to capital optimisation and structuring.
- Monitor the Group's capital position for compliance with agreed targets including initiating required remedial action if required.
- Make recommendations regarding the issuance of new capital and the retirement of existing capital including the management of ordinary share buyback programmes
- Maintain oversight on all capital related regulatory developments and requirements and interpret capital legislation, guidelines and other regulatory requirements as required
- Communicate updates on the Group's capital management strategy to the ALCO and the Board as required and ensure appropriate communication across the organisation in relation to capital matters
- Lead and manage relationships with rating agencies and lead the Group's resolution planning process ensuring the Group meets its regulatory deliverables
- Responsible for RWA oversight and change management process, including testing of RWA changes and impairment stress testing; and economic capital assessments
- Empower the team to give their best and maximise their potential, creating a culture of accountability, agility and collaboration
- As a senior leader within Group Treasury and Finance, the role holder will also play an important role in contributing to the development of the overall priorities and ways of working, aligning to our business strategy and the environment in which the Group operates
What will make you stand out
- Significant proven experience of capital management in the treasury or finance area of a financial institution.
- Knowledge of the operations and strategies of the various businesses and divisions of the Group including their interactions and business drivers and the impact of these on the Group's capital position
- Deep market experience and proven track record of execution of capital structuring transactions and engagement with external stakeholders including investors, rating agencies, investment banks, regulators on such transactions.
- A strong understanding of capital allocation methodologies and drivers of capital requirements
- Excellent communicator and influencer with extensive experience in interacting at a senior level with GEC, Boards, Regulators, investors and rating agencies
- Strong exemplar of Group values of customer centricity, accountability, agility and commitment to working as one team across the Group.
- Exceptional leadership capability to work with and engage senior business leaders and staff at all levels across diverse and often highly technical businesses in a range of geographical locations
- Excellent ability to work cross-functionally and lead a team of SMEs operating at pace in a very complex regulated environment, and to manage multiple demands effectively and in an agile manner
- Demonstrable people management skills with a track record of developing colleagues and building inclusive teams, evidenced via engagement scores
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory capital requirements, and also wider knowledge to include accounting, legal, capital instruments
- Relevant financial qualification
More about the team
The Group Treasury function (encompassing Treasury, Group Planning Analysis and Commercial Decisioning, and the Office of the CFO) is part of the Group Finance division with responsibility for inter alia: providing top-down control with respect to capital management including capital analytics and RWA oversight; asset and liability management; funding and liquidity including liquid assets; wholesale issuance, capital structuring and execution; balance sheet hedging and structural risk; recovery and resolution planning; and strategic financial planning, including oversight and monitoring.
This is a hybrid role and can be done anywhere in the Republic of Ireland with the primary office location as Dublin. Travel will be required for in-person collaboration -exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Why work with us
The Bank of Ireland company culture prioritises work-life balance with an opportunity for flexible working, along with 25 days annual leave and excellent pension contributions. Family can mean different things to different people; we offer 6 months paid maternity leave, an innovative fertility and surrogacy policy and working parent supports.
Your wellbeing is important to us; we have an employee assistance program, WebDoctor and financial wellbeing coaches available. We also encourage and support staff to pursue educational and professional qualifications to grow and enhance your career!
Flexible working matching promise
We know how important flexible working arrangements are to our colleagues, and we promise to try to match your current flexible working arrangement in this new role (all existing working arrangements considered!)
- Customer Focused - Leader
- Amplify Capability - Leader
- Accountable - Leader
- One Group, one team - Leader
- Agile - Leader
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Oct 9, 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.