Associate/Director-Legal Entity Control (Finance)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Legal Entity Controllers group (LECG) is responsible for the accounting, reporting and oversight of Morgan Stanley’s core legal entities. The groups’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparation of financial statements, federal regulatory filings, monthly closing of Firm’s books and records, analytics, entity- specifics accounting policy, legal entity maintenance, account reconciliation and account structure maintenance.
The Finance Shared Services (FSS) within the LECG is involved in overseeing / preparation of timely, relevant and value added information on entities and presenting this to senior management, both local and functional, including:
- Management and development of staff
- Monthly Balance Sheet and P&L preparation and review. Preparing detailed variance analysis
- Preparation and Review of statutory financial statements
- Review of management accounts and variance analysis
- Preparation and Review of statistical and regulatory entity level reporting
- Validation of US Federal Reserve entity level reporting
- Co-ordination of all legal entity activity, with key internal experts such as tax, legal etc.
- Responsible for maintaining key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally including: external auditors, Product Control, Company Secretarial and Tax
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA/CPA) necessary, with relevant experience.
- Candidates should possess excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining and summarising and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to coordinate, prioritize and manage multiple activities.
- Be confident in maintaining relationships across a variety of senior stakeholders and business areas.
- Ability to manage team work load effectively and balance project, BAU delivery.
- Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines.
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a rounded commercial approach to legal entity controllership and analysis, with proven skills in insightful management reporting, analysis and sound technical accounting skills
- Open to work in shift timings depending on the global region supported
- IFRS and /or USGAAP knowledge an advantage
- Knowledge of financial products which are used in the financial services industry, such as derivatives, securities lending and repos would be preferred
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.