- Bachelor in Commerce or Completed A levels or equivalent
- ACCA - Should have completed a minimum of 9 papers (F1-F9)
- CPA – Complete 2 papers
- ICAEW – Complete Professional Stage
- Knowledge in accounting concepts
- Computer Literacy
- 24 – 30 months’ work experience
- Prior experience in deleaing in clients involved in real estate, construction and related industries and oil & gas sectors.
Audit Associates work under the supervision of Senior Associates/Managers on particular engagements. Their main responsibility is to prepare the working papers in accordance with the firm and professional standard, as delegated by the senior. Their primary job is to ensure that they deliver quality services on a timely basis.
Client & Customer Focus
- Overall responsible for the audit as an in charge for medium and small clients. In case of large clients, act as semi senior.
- Mentoring of Associate 1 and 2, trainees & assist them with the office orientation
- Involved in planning and strategy of the audit
- Monitoring budgets of the engagements
- Reporting including annual financial statements, managements letters, key features memoranda, etc.
- Ensuring that all review notes are cleared
- Analytical review of full financial statements
- Consolidations (specific high risk areas)
- Follow through to finalisation
- Audit administration
- Client relations – interaction with client staff
- Preparation and updating of system documentation
- Preparation / completion of general file documents
- Analytical Review (AR) of financial statements
- Specifically focused on audit of key financial statement captions e.g.
- Accounts receivable, excluding the evaluation of the provision for doubtful debts
- Fixed assets, excluding the assessment of capital work in progress and fixed policies when these audits are complex and more risky
- Inventory, including the evaluation of the obsolescence provision
- Investments, excluding complex financial instruments
- Coaching, review and delegation of work performed by team members & ensure that the engagement reviews are completed within the given time
- Updating of system documentation
- Clearing review notes raised by the job in charge and mangers. Prior to management review conduct a thorough check on the working papers
- Develop industry knowledge to complement functional skills
- Compliance testing, including system work through
- The audit of the client’s statutory records, internal controls and consolidated accounts
- Attending stock counts and the follow up of the counts
- Participates in the pre engagement planning, with team members and client staff when needed. Discuss client’s need/expectations, team roles, budgets and other things necessary to carry out the engagement.
- Understand the clients business, products, performance and accounting policies.
- Adhere to the KPMG code of conduct and all KPMG risk management policies and procedures
- Perform effective wrap-up of engagement, assisting manager/partner after leaving the field, clearing all review notes, assisting manager with report issuance/concurring review process, placing files to disks/network and complying with document retention policy, binding and filing work papers in the office.
- Accounts payable (AP)
Training Required as per Level
- Good communication skills in English (Reading, writing and speaking)
- Arabic would be an advantage
Please keep in mind that duties and responsibilities associated with a particular role may change from time to time, and that individual situations and one´s specific role or job description may vary from the information contained in these job descriptions.
RELEVANT BEHAVIORAL CAPABILITIES:
- Helps to drive forward change initiatives and projects
- Voices alternative opinions and ideas
- Proactively seeks the views and opinions of others
- Demonstrates willingness to have a two way conversation
- Proactively shares knowledge with other individuals, teams and functions
- Widens own experience and capability by pursuing self-development and learning opportunities
- Commits to achieving stretching goals
- Presents a positive and can-do approach
- Demonstrates awareness of risk management practices and standards and adheres to these as appropriate
- Consults and escalates reliably on issues beyond his/her own experience or skill set
- Shows a personal commitment to ensuring the quality of work
- Takes appropriate decisions within their area of responsibility
- Pinpoints key information from data
- Assesses a problem from multiple angles to ensure all relevant issues are considered
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.