Senior Associate - Financial Controls
Job Description & Summary
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do.
We’re a network of firms in 152 countries with more than 328,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 10,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region.
Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
The Financial Controls accountant is responsible for ensuring that the firm's financial activities comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
The job involves analyzing financial information, assisting with internal audits, identifying and resolving financial discrepancies, and implementing financial controls to prevent fraud and ensure the accuracy of financial reporting.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in the monthly review of balance sheets, trial balances and operating statements.
- Help ensure the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of financial reports in accordance with relevant accounting principles and regulations.
- Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of financial data to provide insights for management decision-making.
- Assist in maintaining internal control procedures to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data.
- Help monitor compliance with relevant regulations and accounting standards.
- Support internal and external audit activities by providing requested documentation and addressing audit findings.
- Work with the finance team to maintain and improve financial systems and processes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of streamlined and efficient financial workflows.
- Assist in identifying areas for automation and process improvement to enhance accuracy and productivity.
- Including such other duties that may be assigned to you by your manager
- Strong analytical skills,
- Attention to detail,
- Knowledge of financial regulations,
- Problem-solving skills,
- Communication skills,
- Interpersonal skills,
- Technical skills,
- Relevant work experience in finance, accounting, or a related area is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting standards, and relevant regulations.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret financial data and provide meaningful insights.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools, such as Microsoft Excel and ERP systems.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on accuracy and precision.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
Required Language Skills
- English, Arabic preferred
Required Years of Experience
- At least 2 Years experience in a similar role