Senior-Audit- FY'24 (Oman)
- Overall responsible for the audit as an in charge for medium and small clients. In case of large clients, act as semi senior.
- Mentoring of Assistant, Associate, trainees & assist them with the office orientation
- Involved in planning and strategy of the audit
- Monitoring budgets of the engagements
- Reporting including annual financial statements, managements letters, key features memoranda, etc.
- Ensuring that all review notes are cleared
- Analytical review of full financial statements
- Consolidations (specific high risk areas)
- Follow through to finalization
- Audit administration
- Client relations – interaction with client staff
- Preparation and updating of system documentation
- Preparation / completion of general file documents
- Analytical Review (AR) of financial statements
- Specifically focused on audit of key financial statement captions e.g.
- Accounts payable (AP)
- Accounts receivable, excluding the evaluation of the provision for doubtful debts
- Fixed assets, excluding the assessment of capital work in progress and fixed policies when these audits are complex and more risky
- Inventory, including the evaluation of the obsolescence provision
- Investments, excluding complex financial instruments
- Coaching, review and delegation of work performed by team members & ensure that the engagement reviews are completed within the given time
- Updating of system documentation
- Clearing review notes raised by the job in charge and mangers. Prior to management review conduct a thorough check on the working papers
- Develop industry knowledge to complement functional skills
- Compliance testing, including system work through
- The audit of the client’s statutory records, internal controls and consolidated accounts
- Attending stock counts and the follow up of the counts
- Participates in the pre engagement planning, with team members and client staff when needed. Discuss client’s need/expectations, team roles, budgets and other things necessary to carry out the engagement.
- Understand the clients business, products, performance and accounting policies.
- Adhere to the KPMG code of conduct and all KPMG risk management policies and procedures
- Perform effective wrap-up of engagement, assisting manager/partner after leaving the field, clearing all review notes, assisting manager with report issuance/concurring review process, placing files to disks/network and complying with document retention policy, binding and filing work papers in the office.
- Bachelor in Commerce or Completed A levels or equivalent
- ACCA - Should have completed a minimum of 9 papers (F1-F9)
- CPA – Complete 2 papers
- ICAEW – Complete Professional Stage
Work experience requirements:
- 2yrs – 3yrs and above post graduate experience
- Knowledge in accounting concepts
- Computer Literacy
Knowledge / Technical Skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Customer Focus
- Mentors new team members
- Good communication skills in English (Reading, writing and speaking)
- Arabic would be an advantage
Language - Speaking - Reading - Writing - Listening
English - Fluent - Fluent - Fluent - Fluent
Arabic - Fluent - Fluent - Fluent - Fluent
- Proactive and independent person, with ability to initiate tasks independently
- Researching skills- Identifies, documents and shares knowledge that might be useful to others
- Excellent analytical skills- Identifies ways to analyze information quickly and efficiently
- Proficient problem solver- Suggests innovative and creative solutions to problems
- Effective communicator
Please keep in mind that duties and responsibilities associated with a particular role may change from time to time, and that individual situations and one´s specific role or job description may vary from the information contained in these job descriptions.
Apply Before 12/31/2023, 02:31 PM
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.