Internal Audit Technology Vice President
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Internal Audit Department reports to the Firm's Board Audit Committee and comprises financial, technology and risk auditors. Our mission is to be recognized as a strong and high performing audit function that is viewed as a trusted authority and advisor to the Board, Firm management, and industry regulators in assessing and strengthening the Firm's control environment. Internal Audit provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of Morgan Stanley's internal control, risk management and governance systems and processes.
Technology Auditors focus on the application and system infrastructure controls that manage business risks and are responsible for understanding, analyzing, and testing the technology controls, including those over data accuracy, completeness and processing, systems development, application security and entitlements, production management and technology governance. Technology Auditors work closely with our Business Auditors to perform integrated audits.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a strong Vice President to cover the applications and system infrastructure supporting the EMEA Institutional Securities business along with global Prime Brokerage, Fund Services, Fixed Income Electronic Trading, Bank Resource Management and Cross Divisional Technology initiatives. The candidate will be responsible for partnering with business auditors to develop and execute an assurance strategy for the coverage areas. This candidate will cover assigned areas through relationship management and continuous monitoring, manage the audit process from initiation to completion, and develop talent. Other responsibilities include helping to define the audit plan, managing the audit team, and reporting to management.
- Partner with business auditors to manage and supervise assurance activities (audits, continuous monitoring, closure verification, continuous auditing) in EMEA Institutional Securities business along with global Prime Brokerage, Fund Services, Fixed Income Electronic Trading, Bank Resource Management and Cross Divisional Technology initiatives.
- Drive discussions with business and technology management to understand risk drivers, key controls, and impact in order to form a point of view on the control environment
- Execute on assurance activities to provide a perspective on risk and controls
- Perform risk assessments by leveraging business and technology knowledge, industry insights, and understanding of the Firm
- Work with the Audit Directors to build and maintain a strong, credible relationship with senior management, the Board Audit Committee, and regulators
- Develop and manage a team of technology auditors
- Present issues and other reports to senior management and regulators
- Manage audit activities within established budgets and timelines
- Proactively monitor and address key metrics associated with assurance activities and resources
Extensive IT Audit experience with a Financial Services, Brokerage, or a Public Accounting Firm with emphasis on the Financial Services industry
- Strong knowledge of audit processes and ability to review and manage the quality of assurance activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate understanding of technical control gaps into business risk
- Experience in reviewing complex applications, system interfaces, and data processing
- Knowledge of fixed income, equity, prime brokerage, fund services, electronic trading, bank resource management is a plus
- Experience in managing teams including direct reports
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science or IT related preferred)
- CISA, CISSP or CPA certification preferred
Flexible working statement
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.