Tax and Legal Services - Tax Acceleration Centre - Tax Advisory - Senior Associate - Beirut
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Job Description & SummaryPwC Middle East is establishing a new Tax Acceleration Centre (TAC) in Lebanon. The TAC will play a key role in supporting PwC’s Middle East Tax practice, focused on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), international tax structuring (ITS) and local tax advisory for offices across the Middle East.
This is a great opportunity to join a young and professional team, providing support to ensure the delivery of quality tax services and support to PwC’s client facing teams across the region. A career within the TAC will allow you to contribute to delivering the full value of PwC to our clients in our key markets, with a particular focus on the UAE and KSA.
As PwC continues investing in the region and developing local talent, as a senior associate in TAC your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Tax structuring advice – helping the client facing team in advising clients on how to operate their business in a tax efficient manner, tax efficient acquisitions and disposals for clients buying/selling businesses, debt and finance raising and vendor assistance.
- Mergers and acquisitions - looking at existing and potential tax issues and tax risks for clients wishing to sell/acquire businesses.
- Coordinating with other PwC tax teams in obtaining tax input from different jurisdictions whenever needed.
- Tax Modeling - working on tax inputs and assumptions to help our clients make informed investment decisions
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Establish effective working relationships directly with the client facing team and the manager of the TAC team
- Work effectively within tight deadlines and/or reporting schedules
- Engage with all levels across the firm, with the ability to adapt your approach and style to your audience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree in accounting, finance, economics or any other related field
- Proficient in relevant computer applications centered upon Google and Microsoft Word, advanced Excel and PowerPoint)
- Able to translate tax documents into Arabic (preferred)
- Able to cope under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships, establishing credibility
- Bilingual (English and Arabic)
- Basic tax knowledge.
Travel RequirementsNot Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.