Manager, Assurance Professional Standards - Technical Services
Location: Calgary, AB T2P0L4, CAN/ Ottawa, ON K1Z1G3, CAN/ Toronto, ON M5C2V9, CAN/ Montréal, QC H3B2K2, CAN/ Moncton, NB E1C1W6, CAN/ Dartmouth, NS B3B0H9, CAN/ Vancouver, BC V6E0C3, CAN/ Winnipeg, MB R3C0T8, CAN/ Edmonton, AB T5J3G1, CAN/ Regina, SK S4P0J3, CAN
This bilingual opportunity is also available on MNP’s Postes avec expérience job board in French. Please submit one application only to be considered for this opportunity. Thank you.
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Assurance Professional Standards - Technical Services team as a Manager. This diverse team of professionals provides best-in-class industry and technical expertise to internally drive the success of our Assurance and Accounting practice. As a trusted advisor, you’ll advise and assist team members on Canadian securities legislation matters and disclosure obligations.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Deliver industry and technical expertise on a variety of technical assurance and accounting matters
- Play a role in driving firm quality initiatives and support the development and maintenance of the firm’s accounting and auditing protocols
- Participate in the on-going development of MNP’s extensive in-house education programs; opportunity to facilitate learning and development programs for assurance and accounting team members
- Research and respond to queries under IFRS, US GAAP and CAS
- Transfer knowledge attained through conferences and training sessions directly to team members, and in the development of tools and materials to be used in firm training
- Prepare and review high-quality deliverables including written reports, management presentations, correspondence, and other technical work
- Work alongside senior managers and partners to address assurance and accounting standards issues and promote the importance of quality control in all client engagements
- Contribute to operational planning related to client and practice management
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation
- 4 to 5 years of relevant IFRS public accounting experience
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS), Accounting Standards for Not-For Profit Organizations (ASNPO) is considered an asset
- Understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills
- Strong strategic planning and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to speak French and English (written and oral)
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.