Senior Manager, Assurance Professional Standards - Technical Services
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Assurance Professional Standards - Technical Services team as a Senior Manager. This diverse team of professionals provides best-in-class industry and technical expertise to internally drive the success of our Assurance and Accounting practice. As a trusted advisor, you’ll advise and assist team members on technical accounting and assurance matters and related disclosure obligations.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Deliver industry and technical expertise on a variety of technical assurance and accounting matters
- Play an integral role in driving firm quality initiatives and support the development and maintenance of the firm’s accounting and auditing protocols
- Participate in the on-going development of MNP’s extensive in-house education programs; opportunity to facilitate learning and development programs for assurance and accounting team members
- Research and respond to queries under IFRS, US GAAP and CAS
- Transfer knowledge attained through conferences and training sessions directly to team members, and in the development of tools and materials to be used in firm training
- Prepare and review high-quality deliverables including written reports, management presentations, correspondence, and other technical work
- Work alongside managers and partners to address assurance and accounting standards issues and promote the importance of quality control in all client engagements
- Contribute to strategic and operational planning related to client and practice management
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation
- 6 to 7 years of relevant IFRS public accounting experience
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS), Accounting Standards for Not-For Profit Organizations (ASNPO) is considered an asset
- Extensive understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills
- Strong strategic planning and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to speak French and English (written and oral)
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.