Accounting Insight Advisory Assistant
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
Purpose Of Job
Preparation of financial statements for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies with good knowledge of the disclosures required in each case. Confidence in dealing with team members and clients and being involved in client meetings as and when necessary.
Dealing with corporate tax matters including the preparation of corporation tax returns.
Bookkeeping services including the preparation of VAT returns.
- Identify areas of potential weakness in clients’ systems and recognising where extension fees may be raised.
- Gain exposure to all major areas of client file.
- Gain exposure to all the major areas of an accounts preparation assignment.
- Start to develop professional scepticism.
- Preparing straightforward corporation tax computations.
- Self motivated, work well under pressure and plan and prioritise own workloads.
- AAT qualified or part-qualified with previous experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of CCH AP, Alpha tax, and CCH Review and Tag would be advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Sage and Xero.
- Has a basic understanding and awareness of accounting standards and tax legislation and the ability to develop this further.
- Has a basic understanding of professional ethics and ethical standards and the ability to develop this further.
- Can prepare a straightforward tax computation without supervision.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment and the willingness to respond quickly and positively to change and new objectives.
- Ability to relate well to other staff and work as part of a team.
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.