Risk Analyst - MEA Hub
This role provides effective risk management and finance controls support to GSK business units, covering all processes performed in the Regional Hub as well as business specific finance risk and controls activities in the markets. In particular, the role will support to ensure risk management support to the hub team to ensure risk mitigation, root cause analysis and related mitigations, overall process and control deficiencies remediation, and reporting on overall status of control environment for the business unit and/or assigned process.
The role is also responsible for partnering with the relevant global finance process owners and/or finance operational leads any other relevant finance process organizations to ensure identified solutions mitigate the risk, and to support implementation and embedding key control initiatives associated with GSK finance policies and standards.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Master’s degree & further education with a Professional Accounting/ Auditing qualification/ CA, CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIA, etc.
- Minimum of 2-5 years post qualification or post MBA experience in internal or external audit, SOX compliance programmes, governance, and/or internal controls.
- Experience in use of technology and data analytics with a risk focus
- Good communication skills
- Provide risk management support on remediation activities related to control deficiencies and/or process gaps to ensure adequate risk mitigation and track activities until remediation closure.
- Utilize data tools and integrated systems to extract meaningful analytics which enhance control measures, assist in identifying patterns and anomalies and improve overall risk management.
- Plan, coordinate, and review controls testing activities performed by a third party and corresponding reporting of control deficiencies to management.
- Ensure GSK control framework adequately addresses finance risks in the relevant GSK Business Unit, in line with GSK global standards and expectations.
- Manage and maintain controls master data in relevant tools and propose/adopt new technology to improve automation and efficiency of risk and control activities.
- Drive compliance and risk mitigation initiatives at the hub and/or global process tower
- Drive access management related controls (Segregation of Duties, Periodic review of end user access) within the business.
- Stakeholder management re. to process owners and control owners in the hub and related finance third party.
- Support Enterprise Risk Management and relevant operational risk mitigation activities by actively contributing to the Hub Risk Management and Compliance Board (RMCB) and support the local markets or relevant Business Unit in preparation of their local risk management and compliance boards (RMCBs).
- Support external financial audit, and other internal or external bodies involved in financial risks and controls, to reduce impact to business, increase reliance, and align on auditor’s assessment of the finance control environment for SOX reporting purposes.