Senior Finance Manager - Performance Reporting
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Business Banking (BB) is a division of the Group, including Major Client Group (large corporates), Corporate Banking (metro located business customers), Regional and Agribusiness (rural/regional customers including agricultural-based businesses) and Small Business Banking (small businesses that operate primarily in local communities). BB also includes Equities and Margin Lending (including CommSec).
The BB Centre team has four areas;
- Performance reporting
- Capital & Expenses
- Business Intelligence
This role is part of the Performance Reporting responsible for co-ordination of:
- Reporting of divisional performance to Group and BB Leadership Team on a monthly and bi-annual basis;
- Financial analytical support to BB Leadership team and associated deliverables;
- Financial Control; and
- Development of insights for the BB Leadership Team.
The BB Centre team is the first point of contact for the BB Group Executive, Executive General Managers and CFO on all planning and forecasting matters.
Do work that matters
Key areas of impact & contribution include:
- Leading a team of 3
- Performance reporting and development of insights on the Business Bank result on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual basis
- Production of half year-end and year-end profit announcement deliverables including results analysis deliverables and CEO Briefing Pack
- Production of monthly performance reports, including the monthly P&L Flash, Key Metrics packs, CEO/LT packs and variance/trend analysis
- Ad hoc analysis and insights to support senior leadership decision making
- Maintenance of critical financial models to help assist in producing BB reporting and insights
- Identifying and supporting implementation of process improvements in the actuals team
- Oversight of month end processes including journals and models for the yearly restatement process
- Collaborating with numerous stakeholders including other BUs (IB&M, RBS, BW) and Group Finance to achieve desired outcomes
- Oversight of monthly risk and financial control reporting including balance sheet reconciliations
- Supporting the delivery of a robust financial control environment and alignment with group policies
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA / CPA, or CFA qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Financial Services environment
- Graduate qualifications in a numerate discipline preferably finance/commerce
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team with strong customer focus
- Proactive self-starter
- Excellent communicator
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytic
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 10/10/2023For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.