Financial Reporting - Quality & Compliance (Senior Analyst)
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers, and for a sustainable future.
We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to progress.
Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, orientation, and background. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
- Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
- Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
- Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
This position aims at supporting the Quality and Compliance Unit on:
- Based on BASF chosen compliance programs, carry out a systematic internal appraisal of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards.
- Assume functional leadership role in Quality and Compliance.
- Effectively manage, supervise, and support the Quality and Compliance team members to deliver services to BASF group companies. Ensuring that services are delivered in accordance with established processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies & guidelines, Internal Controls requirements, local company legal and statutory requirements
- Share knowledge and experience with Quality and Compliance team members to meet defined service standards through structured training and on the job coaching
- Contribute and support the Senior Manager and Manager in the implementation of project initiatives e.g. Continuous Improvements, Technology Enhancement, Internal Control, Six Sigma and any other ad hoc project roll outs etc.
- Work with all levels of management to validate audit comments and recommendations for improvement.
- Add value by acting as an internal consultant to strengthen and improve internal controls effectiveness
- Based on the project or initiative assigned, the role requires leading, influencing and guiding team members in the functions to achieve the desired business results for the assigned project.
Main Areas of Responsibilities and Key Activities
- Analyze, review and monitor all relevant activities to ensure compliance to ISO 9001 standards, BASF Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) requirements and Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC) requirements of local countries.
- Review controls continually to ensure effective and efficient performance and documentation.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Global FRC team and local company representative in regard to internal control and compliance matters.
- Supervise, organize and carry out the internal quality audit function including the preparation of an audit plan which includes scheduling, managing audit teams and preparation of audit checklists.
- Monitor delivery team’s response and implementation on internal and external audit recommendations.
- Liaise and coordinate for external and global/regional internal audit activities within the organization, ensuring the audit complete per the schedule.
- Partnering with process owner to recommend practical remediation solutions for audit finding/control weaknesses including follow up action.
- Facilitate ISO 9001 orientations and ICOFR trainings when required.
- Prepare, update and maintain audit records/files/reports.
- User administration for compliance related tools such as SAP PC, Quality Management Systems (QMS) etc.
- Apply procedures to ensure accuracy of output and share best practices with delivery teams.
- Assist delivery teams to improve service performance quality based on fact finding during internal audit process.
- Process modeling and process advising.
Planning & Controlling
- Establish system of early warnings and escalations to avoid issues arising from the reviews and audits of external parties.
Compliance and Quality Management
- Ensure that all activities carried out by the functional teams are in compliance with relevant policies, processes and procedures to achieve excellent and consistent quality of work results.
- Ensure that strict adherence to policies, processes, and procedures.
- Assist to ensure effective knowledge transfer as for sustainable development of knowledge within the team
- Assist to provide operational and strategic support in designing, implementation, and continuous improvement of Quality and Compliance internal functional training to maximize learning process based on current and future business needs.
- Assist to develop, maintain and update a set of comprehensive and complete training materials of Quality and Compliance internal functional training.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to understand service delivery information and technical knowledge and keep up to date on changes that may impact the training content and training delivery.
- Supervise conduction of functional training in accordance with established training structure
- Establish a knowledge database of work problems encountered and steps for resolution to facilitate continuous learning, development and cross sharing of knowledge throughout Financial Reporting team.
- Support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer; and sharing of best practice thereby ensuring quality is maintained through any staff transition
Professional guidance / multiple reporting lines
- Assist to delegate work and assign tasks to others in team where requested
- Assist Manager in day-to-day supervisory tasks of team
- Provide guidance and support to the designated Financial Reporting team
- Assist managers in providing feedback and reinforcement to team members regarding development needs and opportunities, and secure resources to support development efforts
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping team members feel valued, appreciated and aware of business performance issues.
- Assume Manager’s role in the absence of Manager
- Work with minimal supervision
Frequent cooperation within and outside BASF Group
- Counterparts and/or relevant stakeholders in BASF companies, internal auditors and the other KL Hub functional teams
- Specialists, Experts, Managers, Senior Managers, Senior Accountants, Accountants and peer team members
- Service Centre management team
- Global/Regional Quality and Compliance functional units
- Work closely with external consultants, auditors etc.
Education : University graduate – Accounting / Finance / Business / Economics major. ACCA/CPA or CIA certification, highly desired.
Working Experience :
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in finance and accounting, internal/external audit roles, preferably with 2 years of supervising experience in accounting team. Competent candidates with lesser years of experience are considerable.
- Preferably possesses good understanding of financial reporting compliances and experience in Quality Assurance Systems (ISO 9001 or other regulated programs)
- Experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be an added advantage.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Strong knowledge and understanding of internal controls & Quality Management systems.
- Strong analytical skills (expert level using Microsoft package)
- Excellent business communication, presentation and writing skills in English
- Good knowledge of SAP systems
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and able to lead and motivate team members.
- Stakeholder management
- Able to drive change management
- Exposure to new topics and technologies, including RPA (robotic process automation), AI (artificial intelligence), SQL Language e.g. MSSQL, would be an advantage.
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €87.3 billion in 2022. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.