Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Process treasury related month end closing accurately and timely.
- Continuous monitoring and update of local regulatory requirements and changes on payment settlement and cross border transactions of serviced companies in close corporation of finance functions of BASC Company and treasury Mid Office at regional level and Risk Management function at Headquarter.
- Update treasury policies and guidelines if there is change of country regulation.
- Support implementation of treasury related IT projects.
- Support treasury Mid Office in risk control procedure set-up and execution.
- Work closely with BASC quality management.
- Work closely with auditors (internal/external) on the audit activities.
- Ensure compliance to BASF policies & guideline, local company’s policy, legal and statutory requirements.
- Such other tasks as BASC management and changing business environment may require to be performed.
- Ensure all treasury related transactions are processed in system as per SLA timely and accurately.
- Process automatic and manual bank statement posting.
- Reconcile bank statements and provide unclear bank line items details to responsible parties on monthly basis.
- Perform bank accounts clearing, monitor bank trade accounts in SAP tallied with bank statement.
- Process deal (e.g. depositing, funding, derivatives trading) posting timely and accurately
- Check and verify the trade confirmation in liaison with related parties e.g. bank, treasury Front Office in the region and at Headquarter, finance function of local company, intercompany.
- Process deal settlement (e.g. depositing, funding, derivatives trading) on electronic / paper base accurately on timely basis.
- Check the validity of mark to market valuation report of derivatives trades during month end to perform MTM valuation posting
- Process accrued interest income and expenses as well as loan commitment fees on monthly basis.
- Process actual interest income and expenses as well as loan commitment fees. Process bank service charges. Update local bank published exchange rates in SAP system on daily or whenever it is required.
- Process group netting settlement.
- Prepare daily cash management report and FX exposure report accurately on timely basis.
- Prepare weekly/monthly cash position report, FX exposure report and facility report for submission to Headquarter.
- Prepare monthly derivatives reports to BASF SE/ BASC GAR.
- Prepare other Treasury reports in accordance with the local company management and BASF requirements
- Close alignment with BASC AR, ICR, AP, GAR, treasury Front Office, Mid Office and if required bank counterparties to deliver customer services timely andaccurately.
- Ensure timely delivery of cash management, foreign currency exposure and liquidity planning reports to meet transaction cut-off time defined by banks and internal and external trading partners.
- Ensure timely and accurate positing of treasury positions for financial risk monitoring.
- Maintain and regular update on local regulation on domestic and cross border financial transactions to stay in full compliance with banking and financial market regulation.
- Execute work in accordance with the service management framework by providing timely and accurate customer service.
- Ensure customer queries are attended to and resolved in a timely, responsible and proactive manner.
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Support Manager to identify, recommend and develop solutions for continuous improvement to streamline processes, increase process efficiency and effectiveness and increase service quality.
- Support knowledge accumulation and knowledge sharing in the team for continuous improvement.
- Support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer, sharing of resource, knowledge and experience.
- Support Manager in error management and lessons learned activities.
- Support Regional and Global projects including GFT Team as and when required
Frequent Cooperation within BASF Group & Outside BASF Group
- End users of the local company.
- Other BASC F&A teams.
- Treasury Front Office and Mid Office.
- BASC Quality Management and internal auditors.
- Back Office of BASF internal trading partners at BASF SE and BASF Belgium Coordination Center.
- BASF group companies including joint ventures.
- Frequent Contact outside BASF Group --&> Back Office of banks and external trading partners.
Provide Support to Global and Regional Treasury Projects:
- Cash Management Transformation project.
- Implementation of SAP treasury module TRM in the region
- Global Payment System project
- Global Cash Visibility project
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/business/economics, MBA or master’s degree welcome
- Experiences in finance/ treasury areas
- Profound understanding and operation experience in finance and treasury
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Results driven and positive team player
- Ability in working with high independency, efficiency, and responsibility as well as strong learning ability
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.