Associate, Corporate Finance - Due Diligence
Inspirational, innovative, and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Corporate Finance team as an Associate. This diverse team of professionals maximizes our clients’ potential so they can seize opportunities as they emerge within an evolving business landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide innovative solutions that meet clients’ divestiture, financing, due diligence, and acquisition goals.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Assist financial and corporate acquirers and vendors in evaluating M&A opportunities by understanding deal hypotheses and company value drivers and risks
- Conduct detailed analysis relating to quality of earnings reviews, sustainability of EBITDA, quality of assets, working capital profile and potential risks and opportunities
- Build and prepare technical based analysis, projections, forecasts, and models
- Identify competitive issues and performance indicators on both a macro and micro level specific to the target market
- Design and develop high-quality deliverables including engagement letters, reports, presentations, and correspondence
- Identify innovative ways to deliver added value to clients; ensure client needs are met and relationships grow and develop
- Work collaboratively with the client engagement team
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in a related field is considered an asset
- CPA designationor completion of CFE
- 2 years of professional services experience in assurance or accounting-orientated roles
- Extensive experience in the preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Experience in transaction or due diligence services, or other M&A-focused roles is considered an asset
- Strong technical accounting skills with detailed knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong practical knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.