Business Reporting (Senior Associate Analyst) - Product Costing & Inventory Valuation
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers, and for a sustainable future.
We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to progress.
Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, orientation, and background. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF!
Objectives of the position
- To deliver business reporting services to BASF’s internal customers, in accordance with established business reporting processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF guidelines and policies, Financial Reporting Compliance requirements, Internal Control requirements, and Local Company legal and statutory requirements.
- To ensure that timelines and quality meet the agreed service levels and targets for enabling country stakeholders drive business/operation with greater transparency and faster
- To support and back up another analyst in performing business reporting tasks is required.
Functional Tasks (Inclusive but not limited):
- To deliver business reporting services, by ensuring delivery quality in terms of accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
- To maintain and ensure master data regarding material ledger, inventory valuation, production planning budget, intra-company transfer pricing, cost center accounting, fixed assets, and project accounting are performed timely and accurately.
- To maintain and ensure the monthly standard and actual price calculation for all material included in material ledger are performed timely and accurately with correct stock valuation.
- To maintain and ensure estimation and year-end inventory valuation are performed timely and accurately follow BASF group guideline.
- To maintain and ensure the revision and year-end production planning budget is performed timely and accurately follow BASF group guideline.
- To maintain, review, and ensure monthly cost center, cycle allocation, and FICO reconciliation analysis are performed timely and accurately.
- Review and analyze of fixed assets, project accounting transactions, and non-trade Business transactions.
- To perform Month-end closing and year-end closing activities timely and accurately.
- To perform analysis with comment on cost variations, and non-distributed price differences for all material included in material ledger timely and accurately.
- To perform analysis with comment for Plan and actual comparison for Fixed and Variable manufacturing cost and capacity utilization.
- To perform business analysis and provide advice to customer and controlling units on all matters regarding material ledger, inventory valuation, production planning budget, intra-company transfer pricing, cost center accounting.
- To troubleshoot and resolve issues related to business reporting process by working with relevant stakeholders on the queries and issues.
- To act as business partner for BASF's internal customer to suggest and discuss workable solution with customers.
- To act as backup for Manager on daily tasks as and when required, and to perform other duties as and when assigned.
- To participate in any compliance audits and respond to audit queries.
- To ensure all work documentation and process are updated to meet the Internal Control Framework on a timely basis.
- To ensure compliance to BASF guidelines and policies, Financial Reporting Compliance requirements, local regulation, and statutory requirements.
- To contribute and support business reporting Senior Manager, Manager, Regional Process Expert, and Subject Matter Expert Lead in the implementation of project initiatives.
- To support Global Finance Transformation (GFT) initiatives in business reporting team.
- To collaborate and support local counterpart team, service management team, regional and country controllers, plant personnel, and other Finance service work streams.
- To drivein transition and migration projects, and support team strategic plan.
- To act as mentor to senior analysts and analysts to encourage good practice, team spirit, and a quality-orientated approach.
- To perform tasks in accordance with the service management framework, by providing a timely and accurate service.
- To ensure customer queries are attended to and resolved timely, responsible, and proactive manner.
- To ensure all tasks are processed within agreed service timeline.
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- To identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with Senior Manager, Manager, Regional Process Expert, Subject Matter expert lead for continuous improvement opportunities.
- To support standardization across regions and globally by focusing on alignment of end to end business process areas, system and tools.
- To conduct functional training and contribute in training materials preparation in accordance with the established training framework
- To support in establishing a knowledge database, also of work problems encountered and steps for resolution to facilitate continuous learning, development and cross sharing of knowledge throughout Business reporting team. This includes documenting any exceptions to the country's end-to-end process, carry out post mortem for each month end in preparation of Team or Departmental meeting.
- To ensure update changes to process documentation as and when required.
- To support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer; and sharing of best practice thereby ensuring quality is maintained through if staff transition.
Professional guidance / multiple reporting lines:
- Assist in delegating work and assign tasks to others in team where requested
- Assist Manager in day-to-day supervisory tasks of team
- Provide guidance and support to the designated business reporting team
- Assist managers in providing feedback and reinforcement to team members regarding development needs and opportunities, and secure resources to support development efforts
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping team members feel valued, appreciated and aware of business performance issues.
- Assume Manager’s role in the absence of Manager
- Follow BASF Group guidelines; accounting and reporting guidelines
- Understand and follow local regulation and statutory requirements
- Frequent cooperation within BASF Group Counterparts and/or relevant stakeholders in BASF companies, internal auditors and th eother BSSCKL functional teams
- Global/Regional Finance Reporting functional units
- Frequent cooperation outside BASF Group
- Work closely with external consultants, auditors etc.
Degree of Supervision Required in the job:
- Work with minimal supervision
Minimum Education and qualification required for the position
- University degree in finance and accounting or business studies; and/or
- Chartered or Certified Professional Accountant or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting functions preferably in business reporting. Competent candidates with lesser years of experiences are considerable.
- Experience working in a MNC, shared service center or Malaysian Public listed company is preferable.
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Knowledge and understanding of business reporting and other accounting functions.
- Knowledge and understanding of SAP systems or other ERP systems will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of MS Office tools.
- Proficiency in English and other languages as required with good communication skills.
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization-driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €87.3 billion in 2022. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.