Intern, Collection Services
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers, and for a sustainable future.
We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to progress.
Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, orientation, and background. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €78.6 billion in 2021. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
The internship program is available all year long and here’s what you can expect
- A rewarding internship journey with tasks and projects that enable you to transfer your theoretical skills to a real business environment and gain exposure to diverse parts of the Collection Services (CS)
- You will be able to explore digital technologies such as Cloud-based platform, GetPaid
- Collaborative and multicultural atmosphere where you are an essential team player to support colleagues and managers in a wide range projects and activities
- Guidance, coaching, and feedback from supervisors on performance which help you learn and shape your working style
About The Role
To manage following collection tasks:
- Manage daily worklist in the GetPaid system
- Input customer commentaries/notes (including payment plan) in the GetPaid system
- Prepare necessary reporting and monitoring of CS KPIs/Targets for business partnering and month-end closure
- Ad-hoc support on ongoing CS projects such as GetPaid and GB transition
- Perform other collection tasks if needed
- Students of bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or any related disciplines
- Proficient in oral and written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- A good team player with a high level of maturity and independence
- Submit your CV on our online job portal
- In your application, state clearly your available period, and your expected graduation date
- You will be contacted for interview if you are shortlisted for the position. In any case, we will retain your profile in our database for future opportunities