Account Receivable & Intercompany Reconciliation (Analyst) 1
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Independently provide Accounts Receivable and Intercompany Reconciliation (ARIR) operational processing support to deliver ARIR services to service recipients in accordance with established processes and work procedures in full compliance with BASF requirements, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC), local legal and statutory requirements
- To coordinate and support the Analyst in performing ARIR function
- To roll out initiative of process improvement in compliance and guidance by Experts
- Establish process control to ensure service delivery meet the KPIs for compliance and completeness
- Support Assistant Manager / Manager in day-to day service delivery and talent identification
- Support cross country process harmonization
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to)
- Process ARIR workflows
- Supervise and review the work of ARIR Analysts in compliance with the predefined process description and service management framework
- Support and back up, where necessary, ARIR Analyst to perform daily tasks in compliance with the predefined process description and service management framework
- Provide assistance and support to team members with sharing ARIR knowledge and best practices and acting as a mentor to them, to ensure quality is maintained through any staff transition
- Regular monitoring of unallocated/unidentified receipts and expired rebate agreements with proposed actions for stakeholders
- Troubleshoot and attend to ARIR related queries from local business partners, global counterparts, internal and external stakeholders by means of service recipients feedback Survey and emails
- Support in resolve issues related queries in case it cannot be resolved by ARIR Analyst, involve in transition activities and coordinate to ensure all queries are attended on time and resolved within the predefined time frame
- Assist and support in the implementation of project initiatives e.g. continuous improvements, digitalization and automation, Internal Control, etc
- Act as reviewer & approver for daily and month-end tasks of ARIR transactions to be executed with high degree of accuracy for customers' and intercompany’ accounts in accordance with the local statutory and BASF Group requirements
- Act as Area of Competency (AOC) member or topic owner for ARIR related processes
- Support in steering Internal, Regional and Global processes implementation in Asia Pacific Region
- Support Asia Pacific’s business requirement / variation from Global / Regional process, preparation of business case and escalate when necessary
- Develop working relationships with the local companies and project owners to ensure that project solutions are adopted, implemented, and maintained appropriately
- Assist to communicate project deliverables to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed on progress and issues/resolutions
- Participate in any compliance audits and respond to audit queries (for both internal and external)
- Ensure all work documentation and work processes are updated and met with BASF policies & guideline, local company’s policy, legal and statutory requirements
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Identify, recommend, and implement continuous improvement opportunities in quality and efficiency to support smooth implementation
- Prepare and review training materials and conduct end user trainings when required
- Support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer; and sharing of best practice thereby ensuring quality is maintained through any staff transition
- Support Business Continuity Plan (BCP) through resource planning, backup and communication
- Any other tasks due to Service Hub KL management strategy and/ or changing business environment may require to be performed
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Finance/ Accounting or related disciplines or Professional qualification in Finance (e.g., ACCA, CPA, etc.)
- More than 3 years’ experience in Finance and Accounting
- Diploma in Finance or Accounting with 4-5 years workings experience in related fields
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate to service recipients
- Excellent time management, good organization skills and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to excel under pressure for meeting any tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, hardworking, and with management skills
- Curiosity to learn, adaptability to changes and agile and ability to challenge status quo
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications, especially MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Knowledge of SAP Systems
- Proficiency in English and other languages required
- Proficient knowledge and understanding on related processes
- Knowledge in programing or scripting are an added advantage but not mandatory
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €87.3 billion in 2022. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.