We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers, and for a sustainable future.
We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to progress.
Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, orientation, and background. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF!
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to):
- Provide Financial Reporting transaction processing support and ensuring delivery quality in terms of accuracy, completeness, and timeliness on daily basis.
- Perform and analyze booking of accounting transactions and fixed asset transactions, workings and account analysis, and clearing of accounts.
- Prepare month-end, quarter-end, year-end, and statutory financial reports for BASF companies across Asia Pacific on timely, accurate, and complete basis. This would include reports for group reporting, internal management reporting, statutory reporting as well as any agreed ad hoc reports required e.g. audit schedules, tax schedules etc.
- Perform analytical review of profit and loss accounts and balance sheet, trend analysis, cost center checks, and transaction posting checks.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders on Financial Reporting work issues and queries.
- Perform back up function duty or other duties when required.
- Support SDU Head, Senior Manager, Manager in reviewing Authorization Matrix in Asia Pacific.
Compliance and Quality:
- Participate in any compliance audits and respond to audit queries.
- Support in ensuring all work documentation and work processes are updated and meet with Internal Control Framework on timely basis.
- Ensure compliance to BASF policies & guidelines, Financial Reporting Compliance requirements, local company legal and statutory requirements.
Frequent cooperation within BASF Group:
- Counterparts and/or relevant stakeholders in BASF companies, internal auditors, and the other BSSCKL functional teams
- SDU Head, Senior Manager, Manager, Assistant Manager Senior Analyst, and peer team members
- Global/Regional Finance Reporting functional units
Degree of Supervision Required in the Job:
- Work is regularly supervised
Minimum Education and Qualification Required for the Position
- Finance, accounting, or business studies; and/or
- Chartered or Certified Professional Accountant studies.
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Knowledge and understanding of Financial Reporting and other accounting functions
- Knowledge and experience of MS office tools
- Proficiency in English and other language required with good communication skill
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €87.3 billion in 2022. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S.