Middle Office Transaction Management, Officer
Who we are looking for
In Global Delivery, STT supports a large, global middle office client. Officers will be responsible for operational support and oversight of Global Trade Processing, Confirmation, Instruction, and Settlement, including being an escalation point for the client. The individual will be involved in projects for the department and communications with both internal and external clients.The Officer is accountable for following processes and controls that are in place to mitigate risk for the organization and for providing direction to the off shore teams.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery. This Organization gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for all Asset Classes, Global Delivery tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one if this is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Interact with internal, client and external parties related to processing, confirmation, and settlement of securities transactions.
- Prepares and reviews various standardized reports within the business unit related to settlement and accounting activities.
- Works to resolve breaks related to cash, position, and accruals for investment manager’s accounts.
- Creates manual directives to instruct cash and processes transactions accordingly.
- Researches complex issues, and proposes tactical and strategic solutions.
- Identifies and takes ownership of issues. Ensures problem resolution is well-documented and communicated to the appropriate parties.
- Acts as a escalation point within the assigned business unit to resolve complex or non-routine processing related questions/issues.
- Performs ad-hoc tasks to support team manager and the overall business unit as needed.
- Responds to all inquiries timely and accurately.
- Provides recommendations for improving in processing or procedures.
- Assists team with creating, updating and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Trains new hires and more junior staff.
What we value
- These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written forms.
- Proven critical thinking, technical, analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize workloads under tight deadlines in a very fast-paced trading-driven environment.
- Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with business related coursework or equivalent. B.S. in Finance, Economics, or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in custody, fund accounting and/or trade processing.
- Knowledge of financial securities markets, language and products, as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Knowledge of VBA macros and SAP Business Objects is a plus.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong client service skills
- The ability to act globally
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in business, finance, accounting or economics.
- At least 3 years of industry experience in trade support process and design
- Experience in SQL, Python, or similar languages
- Good communication, interpersonal, organizational, planning and analytical skills.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$70,000 - $107,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.