Financial Reporting, Officer
Who we are looking for
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individuals with a keen interest in learning about and accounting for complex investment transactions and structures in a dynamic, challenging and fast-paced work environment. Your success will be facilitated by the leading-edge technology infrastructure supported by well-developed procedures and controls. We offer you a challenging career in a rapidly expanding international company with a professional, yet casual, work environment.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Financial Reporting Officer you will
- Performs 1st, 2nd and targeted reviews on client financial statements, quarterly reporting, ensures all regulatory filings are made on time, manages draft and support distribution to all parties.
- Comprehend the scope of services offered to clients and reviews with the team, demonstrate technical expertise, ensure team meets all client deliverables and manages relationships of assigned clients.
- Ensure all controls/checklists and procedures are adhered to as well as make recommendations for improvement.
- Proactively managing risk at the business level, feel fully accountable for all steps of the production chain.
- Ensures effective use of automation (FundSuite, MCH, Macros, etc.) and make recommendations for current system enhancements.
- Oversees the effective coordination of activities between multiple departments within State Street, including our global offshoring partners.
- Coordinates the research and resolution of any accounting issue, auditor or client comments and/or JV inquiries.
- Responsible for reviewing staff level work, as needed.
- Participates in the resolution of client issues.
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Demonstrates strong technology skills, as well as problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS/BA in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in related accounting or finance field preferred.
- This position is a fulltime work from home with a periodic office visit for meetings.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Boston, Massachusetts
- $60,000 - $90,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.