Director of Finance
We are recruiting for a Director of finance & Resources to join a registered charity which provides free palliative care and support for patients and their families who are affected by life-limiting illnesses.
The role will part of the Executive Team and will include providing strategic input and oversight of the operational delivery of Finance, Estates & Facilities, Digital and Information Technology within the Charity.
Our Client is a registered not for profit and charity which provides free palliative care and support for patients and their families who are affected by life-limiting illnesses. The Hospice has delivered care and support for to the people of Eastern Hertfordshire over 40 years, continuing our vision of outstanding palliative care for all.
- The Director of finance & Resources will identify a 5 year Strategic Finance Plan working closely with Trustees, Directors and Heads of Departments.
- Lead on the development of a Property/Estates Strategy, including the development and implementation of a strategy to reduce carbon footprint.
- Identify the Digital Strategy and oversee the delivery of projects which align with organisational goals.
- Leadership of both the Finance and the Facilities teams, ensuring the teams work towards our strategic aims and support the provision of the best services possible to our staff and patients.
- Develop the Finance and Facilities teams, utilising excellent communication skills and a style of leadership that inspires working in accordance with the organisation's values of : Caring, Together, Respect, Responsive and Dynamic
We are seeking to appoint a commercially astute Director of finance & Resources with an understanding of how the not for profit and charities sector operates financially. You will have significant experience of leadership and decision-making in a senior role, of working as a team member with senior colleagues, and be a qualified Accountant, ACCA, CIMA or ACA.
You will need to be a motivational and compassionate leader, and able to inspire teams to be empowered to continuously look at ways of striving to deliver an outstanding service.
- Pension and Life Assurance
- 27 days annual leave rising to 33 days plus bank holiday
- Flexible working options
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work and staff recognition scheme.
- Based in Welwyn Garden City & hybrid