Group Financial Controller
Group Financial Controller Position with a balance of responsibilities that includes financial reporting, management and operational development. You will report into the Head of Finance and have the opportunity to be a key decision maker within the organisation.
This group of College's are market leaders in their field, with a tailored approach to both student and teacher excellence, creating a well renowned brand. they are now looking to recruit a Group Financial Controller to provide team leadership and financial decision making support to the executive team.
- Maintain and develop robust internal controls over financial reporting.
- Work with third-parties where the group outsource specific financial functions, including auditors, tax advisors etc.
- Prepare the month end management accounts for individual colleges.
- Prepare, publish and submit statutory accounts.
- Assist with forecasting and budgeting.
- Regular review of key balance sheet accounts and audit queries.
- Overseeing Credit Control management and cash management.
- Quarterly VAT returns (including reverse charge VAT).
- Direct line management of one member of staff, with a lot of interaction with the college-based finance departments.
- Work as part of a small senior management team to provide financial guidance in all aspects of college activities and shape the future of the group.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA etc) with a technical background such as with an audit firm (preferrable).
- 3+ years' post qualification experience.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS for a consolidated group.
- Sound generalist knowledge of tax, in particularly corporation tax. A specific tax qualification is not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong relationship management skills, both internally and externally.
- Strong self-management, able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
- Good Excel skills critical (in particular pivot tables and vlookups)
- Hybrid working model, based out of either London or Cambridge
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Group personal pension plan, 7% employer contribution
- Discounted school fees
- Season Ticket Loans
- Eye Care
- Gym Scheme
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme