Manager - Transfer Pricing
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Transfer Pricing Tax Compliance practice, within Transfer Pricing services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients develop compliant, tax efficient structures that help advance their business goals. You’ll focus on all aspects of documentation planning, dispute resolution, and advance pricing agreements.
Our team helps our clients identify and analyse priorities and develop policies to provide guidance and detailed advice. You’ll help our clients coordinate their worldwide transfer pricing policies to help define their business requirements and develop appropriate tax strategies.
As a member of our Transfer Pricing (TP) team, you will be involved in varied and challenging TP assignments including but not limited to TP reviews, bench marking and price setting for inter-company transactions. Inter-company transactions locally and across borders are growing rapidly and are becoming much more complex. You will have the opportunity to work in diverse industries and experience working with a dynamic group of people. The role includes day-to-day responsibility for managing and leading project work and on-going client relationships, winning and developing work across all aspects of transfer pricing and value chain transformation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex TP concepts and effectively apply economic/financial knowledge to client situations
- Proactively managing a portfolio of clients and projects including all aspects of financial and risk management
- Working with clients and helping them to manage their transfer pricing risk
- Analyze information. Prepare quality, practical approaches to the client's economic situation and arrive at logical conclusions
- Develop and deliver quality transfer pricing and economic ideas with timely and responsive services / work products
- Prepare documentation, participate in advanced pricing agreements (APAs), defend transfer pricing in audits, work in the valuation of intangible assets; and develop quality, practical planning services
- Identify and pursue transfer pricing opportunities with the aim to get new engagements
- Manage the work of client service team members
- Lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans
- Participation in the leadership and development of the existing Transfer Pricing team. Contribute to attaining team goals
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Recognized university degree and/or professional accounting qualification
- Strong business technical knowledge with at least 6 years’ experience in tax consultancy, ideally in a professional services organization
- Knowledge of managing functional analyses interviews to identify and assess client's inter-company transactions
- A track record of delivering quality work for clients; demonstrating an understanding of the client's business and relevant professional standards and maintaining respectful client relationships
- A track record of providing meaningful feedback to help others improve and develop
- Experience in leading teams; respecting and valuing all people and encouraging different perspectives
- An ability to take advantage of new opportunities for learning, sharing new knowledge; being intellectually agile and able to think creatively.
- Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge
- Proven experience of business development and marketing – through networking and obtaining referrals, and using your awareness of broader corporate tax issues to cross sell the firms other services
- A demonstrated ability to collect and utilize current, role-relevant business and industry trend information.
- An ability to promptly address problems and maintain professional standards
- Possess good spoken and written skills
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.