Manager - Sustainability Assurance
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryEnvironmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) is a term that covers a range of issues facing the world today. At PwC, it’s an opportunity to have a purposeful career and to positively contribute to one of the most pressing problems of our time by helping to reshape the whole economy and the society in which we live.
Through speed, collaboration, and imaginative thinking we’re helping our clients to build trust in the climate transition by building credibility of non-financial and climate reporting, helping clients to transform sustainably, ensure the transition to Net Zero is fair, and ensuring our own business is ready to meet the challenge and sharing this story with our clients.
As part of The New Equation, PwC is investing $12bn globally over the next 5 years, creating over 100,000 new jobs with a particular focus on strengthening our ESG capabilities across the firm. We’re working to combine our world-leading Sustainability & Climate Change practice with our market-leading consulting services, bringing the best of our firm together to help our clients. Together, we can build more sustainable businesses for a stronger world. Join us on this journey as we create real, transformative impact.
This is an opportunity to work across a diverse portfolio of clients, from owner managed businesses, private equity backed companies, up to large multinational and listed groups. We work with well known clients across a broad range of industries including entertainment and media, pharmaceuticals, technology and communications, energy, utilities and mining, retail, hospitality and leisure, business services, construction and real estate. We also work across the third sector, spanning a number of government and public sector clients. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on global projects, collaborating with PwC colleagues and clients all over the world.
As a Manager, you’ll lead a team of forward-thinking individuals to deliver high quality assurance. You’ll gain in-depth knowledge into how businesses run, gain direct access to internal stakeholders and clients and work with an unrivalled range of organisations that we work with. A rewarding career path awaits, join our team to develop yourself as a professional and benefit from the wide range of development opportunities available at PwC.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading multi-location teams, using your team and relationship management skills to ensure the delivery of high-quality sustainability assurance work - from planning to completion of a project/engagement, including the review of sustainability report, ensuring that it meets PwC and regulatory standards;
- Building meaningful relationships and demonstrating curiosity that will allow you to have insightful conversations and provide visible challenge during various engagements;
- Building connections across teams and specialist areas within PwC to help bring insight to the organisations we work with. This includes managing a variety of views and consulting where appropriate;
- Leading on the completion of areas of complex or judgemental work which includes the identification of issues, analysis of data, articulation of findings and the ability to draw informed conclusions;
- Managing the financial and resource aspects of projects/engagements, demonstrating a commercial approach throughout;
- Leading on internal projects supporting PwC and the lines of service, as well as acting as a role model, mentor and coach for junior staff members in your business unit;
- Supporting your team’s technical and personal development and identifying where they may require further support; and
- Putting your team first by coaching with purpose, being present with the team and openly communicating expectations.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Have at least five (5) years of audit experience (both financial and sustainability audit/assurance experience will be considered, including internal audit experience);
- Understanding of International Standards of Auditing requirements, including ISAE 3000 “Assurance Engagements Other than Audits or Reviews of Historical Financial Information”
- Understanding of sustainability reporting framework including current development in regulatory requirements in Malaysia and globally is preferred;
- Strong project management skills and experience managing a project/engagement from planning to completion;
- Confident in challenging yourself and others to complete high quality assurance testing and documentation;
- Ability to establish and nurture positive relationships across all levels - both internally and externally;
- Drives innovative thinking and supports others through change and uncertainty to overcome hurdles;
- Experience encouraging a team environment that promotes collaboration and constructive challenge and has demonstrated the ability to act quickly to resolve team issues and questions; and
- Takes pride in their work and in the profession. Shows resilience and demonstrates dedication to self-development including being agile and innovative in the digital world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.