We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our staggering earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
Join us as an Accounting Advisor on our Accounting team in Bayan Lepas to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you'll achieve
As an Accounting Advisor, you will be responsible for preparing month end and quarter end close activities related to royalty accounting. You will liase with regional teams on accounting close activities. You will ensure accounting activities are performed accurately and on a timely basis. In addition, you will continuously drive for accounting process improvements and ensure proper and sufficient controls are in place surrounding accounting activities. In addition, you will assist internal and external financial reporting requirements of the company are met. Equally important is to ensure adherence to company policies and the necessary Accounting treatment.
You will also:
- Manage a portfolio of software vendors & contracts (i.e., review contracts for Accounting impacts/reporting requirements/royalty cost impacts/tax obligations/audit rights/pay terms etc., track royalties owed to software vendors, report & pay software vendors, perform analytics, support vendor queries/audits etc.)
- Be involved in/responsible for software part setup & maintenance and royalty cost settings.
- Assist in/handle tax-related matters (i.e., withholding tax, value added tax, goods & services tax etc.)
- Support global royalty processes and control.
- Work closely and provide support to Procurement, Business, Finance, Operations, Corp Tax, Legal team etc.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- A recognized degree in Accounting/Finance or Professional Accountancy qualification
- 5 - 9 years relevant experience is required
- Strong drive for results and business acumen with the ability to deal with ambiguities
- Effective communication with strong interpersonal skills Proficient in MS Office applications
Who we are
We believe that each of us has the power to make an impact. That’s why we put our team members at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow your career with some of the best minds and most advanced tech in the industry, we’re looking for you.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps individuals and organizations transform how they work, live and play. Join us to build a future that works for everyone because Progress Takes All of Us.
Dell Technologies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Dell’s Flexible & Hybrid Work Culture
At Dell Technologies, we believe our best work is done when flexibility is offered.
We know that freedom and flexibility are crucial to all our employees no matter where you are located and our flexible and hybrid work style allows team members to have the freedom to ideate, be innovative, and drive results their way. To learn more about our work culture, please visit our locations page.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.