Derivatives, Senior Associate
Job Description Summary
Candidate will be responsible for accurately administering domestic and foreign derivatives, including but not limited to swaps and options. This individual resolves data quality issues through interaction with other internal and external parties. The individual acts as a second level resource within assigned business unit to support transactions in accordance to established procedures. This individual performs various daily tasks within the business unit as necessary to support routines. Assists junior staff members with other related duties as required. Reviews work of junior team members for accuracy and serves as a resource.
- Administer all derivative trades in investment accounting system and OTC platform accurately and timely.
- Support calculation, confirmation, audits and controls surrounding OTC Derivatives.
- Solid understanding of OTC swaps products is preferred.
- Solid understanding of the swap life cycle is preferred.
- Initiate any related incoming or outgoing payments.
- Complete various position and payment reconciliations.
- Adhere to established operating, risk, and compliance controls and standard operating procedures.
- Elevate areas of potential loss/exposure immediately and include supporting documentation.
- Serves as a technical resource to Junior staff.
- Reviews and authorizes cash activity and reconciliations.
- Knowledge of downstream effects and economic impact of the different types of derivatives
- Ability to apply industry knowledge to help other staff members
- Bachelors Degree with emphasis in accounting, finance or economics preferred.
- Minimum 4+ years related work experience preferred.
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills including expressing complex ideas and concepts.
- Computer proficient including spreadsheet and database applications.
- Advanced Visual Basic and/or SharePoint experience a plus.
- Selected candidate would need to be in office for 4 days in a week
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$58,240 - $83,200 AnnualThe range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.