Senior Auditor FSI - Hybrid
As an experienced audit consultant in the FSI (Financial Services Industry) team, you will participate in audit projects in various entities from the financial sector, including banks, asset managements, pension funds, investment funds, leasing companies, non-banking financial institutions etc.
Your role as a Senior auditor is to lead the audit engagements with the responsibility to observe, evaluate and improve the effectiveness of financial organizations risk management framework, controls in place and governance processes for all the activities of the company audited as well as providing training, coaching on the job for junior team members.
Each industry being different it faces different sets of risks, first you will have the opportunity to understand various businesses of the FSI clients, their accounting and regulatory requirements.
What will you do?
- Understanding and walkthrough for the processes (business core processes) to identify and evaluate the main risks, existing controls and effectiveness of operations.
- Identify the main factors that can generate risk and to investigate for accounting improprieties. To achieve this, you must understand the business of the client and to focus on those areas that generate high risk.
- Understand internal processes, assess if are properly designed and implemented, test their operating effectiveness, and evaluate results
- Present the results by clear, comprehensive, objective and properly worded conclusions.
- Perform loan reviews of commercial, consumer and mortgages loans portfolio, for the banks/leasing/IFN companies to evaluate risk specifically associated with the entities credit portfolio. You must identify those loans that have a greater potential for loss based on specific criteria developed considering the internal procedures of the client and the significant lending, collateral, and economic risk factors.
- Perform auditing procedures like tests of controls, analytical review, tests of details, reconciliations, reasonability tests etc.
- Impact in deliverables (summary review memorandum, overall analytical review)
- Formulate recommendations to address the root cause of the identified issues and follow their adequate implementation.
- Recognize potential audit issues or unusual relationships from basic analysis of the financial statements.
- Prepare deliverables/overall conclusion following the audit procedures performed and review the financial statements.
During this job, you will continually develop skills related to analytical mindset, risk detection and recognition, communication, proactive team player and project management.
We’re very flexible in terms of location and contract duration, so you can custom build the career you want.
To qualify for this role you must have
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Economics/Polytechnics/Mathematics with focus on accounting - part or completed ACCA is a plus;
- Previous experience in audit/accounting or in a financial institution (at least 2-3 years)
- Knowledge of local GAAP (Romanian accounting) and basic knowledge of IFRS
- Understanding of risk-based auditing and risk and control strategies
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support
- Knowledge of English at intermediate level or above
- Confidence in PC use (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Overall knowledge of the financial institutions and their business.
What else is in it for you?
- Free certifications (ACCA, ACA, ASPASS), national & international trainings
- Extra vacation days when public holidays fall on a weekend
- Top notch counselling, mentorship
- Medical coverage for you and your family
- Most globally integrated knowledge system
- EY Community: more than 15 tribes for shared hobbies
- Bookster library at the office and plenty of discounts
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.