EMEA Debt Capital Markets Business Manager - Analyst
You role will work with the London based Business Management team to support both the EMEA Debt Capital Markets business. Business Management optimizes business performances by helping to drive key initiatives. We act as trusted advisors and counterweight to Business/Group Heads and are responsible for identifying, escalating, and mitigating business risks. The role of a business manager is dynamic and can vary from business to business, in line with the priorities of the different lines of business.
Apply to join the Investment and Corporate Banking business as a Business Manager supporting the Debt Capital Business. This Warsaw based role is a great opportunity to develop your product knowledge and obtain a deep understanding of how the business functions.
- Supporting the business in tracking P&L, expenses, headcount and various other key metrics on an ongoing basis
- Maintenance of the deal by deal pipeline, tracking against monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue forecasts. This involves partnering closely with the bankers and developing an understanding of the factors which impact the deal lifecycle
- Contributing to the business decision making process by providing value-add analysis for quarterly business reviews, client review sessions as well as ad-hoc requests
- Providing analysis on JPM’s external performance through Dealogic (external league table provider), including tailored competitor analysis for each product as well as ensuring consistency between internally earned fees and credit given by Dealogic
- Establishing a network with all key stakeholders: Bankers, Compliance, Product Controllers, P&A, Legal, Tax, Tech, etc.
- Involvement in control initiatives impacting the business, partnering alongside Compliance, Legal and the Control Managers
- Working with our North America and APAC Business Manager counterparts on global initiatives, consistent best practices and cross border revenue sharing
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or other related area
- Proven experience delivering timely, high quality presentations and/or reporting for various projects and stakeholders. Attention to detail is a must with continuous focus on design excellence
- Excellent organization, project management, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate thoughtful rationale in design decisions
- Intermediate-level ability expected in all MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Pivot Tables)
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management/prioritization skills
- An understanding of Investment Banking (M&A, ECM and DCM) products a plus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.